Author Topic: William Gledhill  (Read 3082 times)

Offline Yorkyboyl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Gledhill
« on: Wednesday 18 June 14 15:47 BST (UK) »
Can anyone please help with the maiden name of his wife, and/or anything on the parents of William Gledhill, born 10/3/1789, and Cristn'd 21/6/1789 at New Chapel Independent, Morley, near Leeds. I believe his wife was called Hannah, but there are quite a few to choose from, also his father was  possibly called William. In 1841 William lived in Holbeck, and by 1851 had moved slightly to Wortley, still in Leeds. Thank you

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Gledhill
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 17:39 BST (UK) »
Hi --- when you say 'can anyone help' with the parents --- according to the baptism record you have given -- William Gledhill's parents were William and Mary. Their abode at the time of the baptism looks like 'Churwell'.
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 17:55 BST (UK) »
A William Gledhill (the father) had married Mary Athew? at Batley All Saints on 19 March 1778.

Apart from son William, the couple had at least the following children -- all baptised at the Non Conformist Chapel;
Betty 12.10.1778
Hannah 3.5.1781
John 23. 9 1792
Hannah (no 2) 2.1 1794
Samuel 28.5.1795
Mary 3.11.1797

There may have been more -- as there seems to be a gap between Hannah baptised in 1781 -- and William in 1789. The abode is still Churwell and the Parish is Batley.
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 19:53 BST (UK) »
Craclyn,

Just a small tip - if you look at the bottom of each page, there is a ShrinkLink facility  (makes long links short) Copy and paste your long family search link and it will give you a shorten version.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01569/

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 20:01 BST (UK) »
I have seen that function Sandra but donīt understand why anyone would want to disguise what the actual link is. Personally I like to know what the url is before I decide whether to open a link or not.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 20:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Cracly,

I can promise you the RootsChat shrink link is a safe and easy way to shrink down some of the incredibly long links that many genealogy websites use. I use it a lot on the archived books :)

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 20:43 BST (UK) »
Then maybe you can send me a PM Sarah that explains the security aspects so that I no longer need to go on wasting time trying to work out what helpful rootschatters are telling me without opening a link where I have no idea what may be lying behind it :)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Yorkyboy1,

Just in case you haven't come across it, there is an anc tree (just the one) that says  William Gledhill - Born 10 March 1789 in  Morley, Yorkshire married Elizabeth "Betty" Dawson 24 December 1810 Emley Yorkshire. (Source :- Indexing Project (Batch) Number M00760-1 System Origin England-ODM GS Film number 0599995 IT 3, 0844557 IT 1 Reference ID)

This is the family search entry for that info

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N2SM-QVW

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada