Author Topic: Missing marriage  (Read 8580 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Missing marriage
« Reply #18 on: Monday 15 September 14 12:17 BST (UK) »
jan57 & aghadowey.... sorry I forgot to condense the info due to hubby waiting for the comp, gone back n done it now, so off to bed.
b.

It's not a matter of 'condensing' but posting details which we are not allowed to do here. Only 1911 census details available from FREE searches are allowed and Rootschat's policy is to abide by the terms & conditions of other sites- most, if not all, subscription sites have restrictions.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline bendywendy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 15 September 14 14:03 BST (UK) »
umh... well I was just coming to look at the 1911 Free Census info to replace what I had posted as I needed a length of time to do the searches and replace the info.

Moderator comment: please re-check the RootsChat Copyright policy and the guidance on 1911 census here:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=355485.0
In addition, the use of cut and paste from online indexes is not allowed.  This includes: Ancestry, FindMyPast, The Genealogist, FamilySearch, Irish Genealogy, FreeCen, FreeReg, and many others, where the layout and the transcription (even if faulty) is protected by copyright

Regards
bendywendy
HALL     REEPHAM, HACKFORD, GUESTWICK, NFK
HALL     YORK, HOLME ON SPALDING MOOR, E. YKS
HALL     BELBY, Nr HOWDEN, E. YKS
HOUFE   YORK, RICCALL, THIRSK, DURHAM, LANCASHIRE
FEATHERSTONE     KNEDLINGTON, GILBERDYKE, E. YKS
CLAYTON   PATRINGTON, KEYINGHAM, STADDLETHORPE, E. YKS
CAWOOD   RAWCLIFFE, STADDLETHORPE
WALKER     HADDELSEY, EASTRINGTON, SHIPTONTHORPE, E. YKS
BEAN         STILLINGFLEET, ULLESKELF, KIRKBY WHARFE, YKS
TAYLES     LINCS.

Offline LorrW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 01:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you bendywendy for all your help, you have certainly been an amazing help with our ancestry in UK. We often feel so far away in the land of Oz. You are one of those special people who make a difference in people's lives. These past 4 days have been a revelation in my family tree. I also know from the searches I have done based on your information that I have living relatives in UK, something I never imagined. While I search as a beginner your expertise is so appreciated. Cheers Lorraine ;) ;)

I also realise as a newcomer to RootsChat that I may have been better to start a new chat so that I was the original poster but the coincidence of names in the original of this forum was too hard to overlook and in fact turned out to be real.

Offline bendywendy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 10:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Lorraine
It has been a pleasure to help you and find you some living relatives you never knew you had in Yorkshire a long way from Australia so I hope sometime in the future you do come over for a visit and hopefully meet a long lost family you never knew about.

YATES is not an easy surname to search for, as I have found out, some entries have been mis transcribed as GATES & GATIS.

Annie Elizabeth Yates, as to what happened to her after 1901 census and in-between and upto 1911 is a mystery and even more of a mystery after she turns up in Australia 1939 is found again 1943 then another mysterious disappearance, you have a bit of work finding her at your end, I hope you find her resting place.

b.

HALL     REEPHAM, HACKFORD, GUESTWICK, NFK
HALL     YORK, HOLME ON SPALDING MOOR, E. YKS
HALL     BELBY, Nr HOWDEN, E. YKS
HOUFE   YORK, RICCALL, THIRSK, DURHAM, LANCASHIRE
FEATHERSTONE     KNEDLINGTON, GILBERDYKE, E. YKS
CLAYTON   PATRINGTON, KEYINGHAM, STADDLETHORPE, E. YKS
CAWOOD   RAWCLIFFE, STADDLETHORPE
WALKER     HADDELSEY, EASTRINGTON, SHIPTONTHORPE, E. YKS
BEAN         STILLINGFLEET, ULLESKELF, KIRKBY WHARFE, YKS
TAYLES     LINCS.

Offline LorrW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 11:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Wendy,

Your help has been invaluable, you are truly dedicated and committed to this role. I will continue to search at this end for Annie Elizabeth and find the end to this amazing story.

By the earlier post re Harriet (mother) living elsewhere, does/did that entry infer she had other children beyond the 4 I know about? If not able to reply I understand.

Cheers from Aus.
Lorraine