Author Topic: WW1 Hull Servicemen & Women ~ Photos & Documents Wanted Please.  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
WW1 Hull Servicemen & Women ~ Photos & Documents Wanted Please.
« on: Friday 15 August 14 15:40 BST (UK) »
I would be pleased to hear from anyone who has photos, documents and related material that they would be willing to share for inclusion in future WW1 exhibitions at the Carnegie Heritage Centre where I am a volunteer.

http://www.carnegiehull.co.uk/

Help us to honour their memory, their bravery and the great sacrifice they made for our freedom.

You can send me a P.M. in confidence if you would like to discuss this matter further....alternatively...if you live locally we would be pleased to see you  :)

Thanks for looking

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WW1 Hull Servicemen & Women ~ Photos & Documents Wanted Please.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 16:54 BST (UK) »
Bringing this back up for anyone who may have missed it.
Thanks for looking.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 September 14 17:14 BST (UK) »
Raising this for anyone who may have items they would like to contribute.
Carol

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 September 14 21:59 BST (UK) »
I'd love to help but I have absolutely nothing relating to my 2 g.uncles from Hull who fought in WW1, one of them died.  I did manage to contact a descendant by marriage of the g.uncle who survived the war, but she hadn't got any photos etc. either.  :'(

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 September 14 22:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Lizzie....Have you looked at Find My Past newspapers...it was usually reported in the Hull Daily Mail casualty list when soldiers lost their lives in WW1
Carol

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 00:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

I've had a quick look in the newspapers as you suggested but couldn't find my g.uncle George Reuben Benson.  From the reports in the Rolls of Honour it seems the family would notify the newspaper and I'm not sure whether George's sisters would have done that.  He was orphaned aged 8, so no parents to mourn him.

I have got his death cert and he's also on CWGC so I do know a little about him, but like many others his war records are missing.