Author Topic: Clifford/Castle Frome  (Read 6433 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Clifford/Castle Frome
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 16 October 14 08:35 BST (UK) »
I have had instances with familysearch where they have indicated baptisms taking place in Adlington Lancashire when they did in fact take place in Poulton le Sands (Morecambe) some miles away.  Both these parishes appear on the same film.  I had wondered why my Morecambe families had travelled so far to have children christened  ::)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bevj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Paterson 1866-1909
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 October 14 21:52 BST (UK) »
I had exactly the same problem with my Jones ancestors who showed up on FamilySearch as being baptised on the same day in both Clifford and Castle Frome.
I emailed FamilySearch and they replied that the problem is that both towns are on the same film.  The way I solved it was to order two photocopies of the same baptism record from FamilySearch, one with the Castle Frome reference and one with the Clifford reference.
In my case I got the Clifford record but was told that the Castle Frome one could not be found because it did not exist.  My ancestors came from Clifford :)

Bev
Weedon - Hertfordshire and W. Australia
Herbertson, Congalton, Paterson - Scotland
Reed, Elmer - Hunts.
Branson - Bucks. and Birmingham
Warren, Ball, Jones - Birmingham
Fuller, Bourne, Sheepwash - Kent
Brittain - Beds. and W. Australia

Offline Beavances

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 16 October 14 22:40 BST (UK) »
That is a clever idea - to try to order both certificates. Reading your post definitely confirms it for me that Clifford is where the people  in my research  were married. It sounds like a very simple mistake to make. I do think anyone who transcribes records is really doing a fantastic job.