Author Topic: Roger KERRIGAN, Catherine MORAN marriage lookup  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Lollygirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Roger KERRIGAN, Catherine MORAN marriage lookup
« on: Saturday 25 January 14 06:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
   I finally found out last night that one of my husband's families came from Co Sligo, possibly as early as 1835. (That's what his naturalization record says, but his oldest child at least was born in Ireland according to his census records, his naturalization record and his death record, so either he came over in 1835 and then went back, or something's mistaken…)
   Anyway, I know his name was Roger KERRIGAN/CARRIGAN and that his wife's maiden name was MORAN. I would love to be able to pinpoint where in Sligo they lived! (Oh, and their oldest son was named Dennis.)
Thank you!

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Francis McNab 1874 - 1932
    • View Profile
Re: Roger KERRIGAN, Catherine MORAN marriage lookup
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 January 14 08:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Lollygirl,

welcome to Rootschat!  Don't think I can be of much help to you, but I too have a "Carrigan" family who came from somewhere in Ireland to Scotland in mid 1800's.  Where did yours "migrate" to?  Just a point of interest, my "Carrigans' used multiple variations of their name, including Corrigan, Kergan, Kirgan, Cargan, - few of them being able to write, spell etc.   Something to keep in mind!   Good luck!
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline Lollygirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Roger KERRIGAN, Catherine MORAN marriage lookup
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 February 14 03:59 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Maggbill, for your reply. Unfortunately, I don't think your Kerrigan line is the same as mine, because according to Roger's naturalization paper, he came from Sligo to the US… Anyway, I will keep all those alternate spellings in mind. Here are a couple I've run across as well: Keregan, Kerigan… Good luck!
Loralee