Author Topic: Robert Hall  (Read 1960 times)

Offline penpen64

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Hall
« on: Sunday 30 March 14 19:17 BST (UK) »
Looking for any information anyone might have on one Robert Hall b 1820 ish in I think a place called Beetley, Norfolk. He married a Mary Ann Carson in 1841. He was my GGG Grandfather. I have all info about his children but would love to know anything about his parentage/siblings etc.
Thank you  :)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Hall
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 March 14 19:31 BST (UK) »
Are you certain he married Mary Ann Carson in 1841 -as (if I have the correct family) Mary Ann would only have been c. 13 years of age in 1841??????

Is this the family
Back Lane Cranham Essex
Robert Hall Head M 32 Farm lab Norfolk
Mary Ann wife 23 Cranham Essex
James son 5 Essex
Thomas son 2 Cranham Essex
Sarah daughter 4mths Cranham Essex
HO107 1772 809 12

1861 census Mary Ann is age 34???

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline penpen64

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 March 14 07:10 BST (UK) »
Yes that's the family. Don't know where got date of marriage but someone must have told me....maybe incorrectly 25.12.1841  :'(

Offline sgf28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 31 March 14 09:04 BST (UK) »
Mary Ann could have married at 13 but she would have been a minor and need permission.

A "minor" or "under age" means between the age of 12 - 20 for a girl and 14 - 20 for a boy.
It was not until 1929, when the lower age limit for marriage was raised to 16 years.
http://www.british-genealogy.com/for...hp/t-8613.html

Looking through the Census from1851-1881 she is fairly consistent with her age being born between 1824-1828. Born Cranham Essex.

Still looking for the elusive marriage though, could be Essex or Norfolk I suppose :-\

Offline sgf28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 31 March 14 09:18 BST (UK) »
Have looked on a couple of sites trying to find Robert and Mary Ann's marriage but haven't managed to find it :-\
There's a couple of trees on Anc** that give the details that Robert and Mary Ann married 25 December 1841 at Cranham Parish Church Essex but none of them have put any reference in order to confirm these details are correct :-\