Author Topic: Need a quick look up for burial place...thanks EVER so much!  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
Need a quick look up for burial place...thanks EVER so much!
« on: Friday 22 August 14 19:42 BST (UK) »
Hello all!

I am trying to locate the burial location for a couple.  Thanks EVER so much for your help!

Laura Poe Uppercu Orme Born 20 Apr 1879 Illinois, Died 26 Apr 1933 Wolverhampton, Staffordshire

and her husband Herbert Alfred Orme 1877Wolverhampton, Staffordshire-1967 Bath

Thanks EVER so much!
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Need a quick look up for burial place...thanks EVER so much!
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 August 14 19:43 BST (UK) »
PS...he apparently remarried

Kathleen Phyllis 1893-1965 she may be a Robinson maiden name born Barton under Needwood, Staffordshire.
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Offline glen11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 August 14 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole,Type in Wolverhampton Indexes and scroll to the bottom of the page,there are loads of indexes to search.i have looked at a couple,but couldn't find anything.Perhaps you can narrow it down a bit.If you knew the parish,i could look for you as i usually go to the archives on Tuesdays.(cant go next week though).Glen
Edwards.Godwin.Gilding

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 August 14 21:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks EVER so much!  I will do that...does it show the 1930s to 1960s...burials as well?

Where could I look if they were not Church of England members...thanks!

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 August 14 21:44 BST (UK) »
PS  Would there be obituaries I could try to look for?  Was there a public cemetery there in the city?

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 23 August 14 05:49 BST (UK) »
There's some merridale cemetry on there . Wolverhampton has also got a crematorium and cemetry at bushbury. It could be better to narrow the area of wolverhampton as there's Quite a  few possibilities.
There are some non conformist indexes on there, however most non conformist places don't have burial grounds only the odd few, mostly a municipal cemetry or a parish church. Bilston has a cemetry. There's some on www.freereg.org.uk
You can check freereg coverage by clicking  on the county page and selecting staffordshire, then b and scrolling down. Have you got the burial cert or where they were in wolverhampton on a census.

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 28 August 14 21:51 BST (UK) »
Hello there!

I have busy with others and their family trees that I just got back to this search.

In the National Probate Calendar it stated that Laura Poe Uppercu Orme of 171 Tettenhall-road, Wolverhampton (wife of Herbert Alfred Orme0 died 26 Aprial 1933...Probate Birmingham 11 August to Thaddeus Austin Thomson commander U.S. navy.

Here in the states obits giving burial locations are quite common and easy to find.

Thanks so much for the help!

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 28 August 14 22:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks ever so much for the http://www.freereg.org.uk/cgi/Search.pl info for burial information.  I have used that before for marriages/births but missed the burial portion of that.

What information do death certificates provide.  Thanks once again!

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 28 August 14 22:34 BST (UK) »
There's some or e's on freereg but not yours. They are due to update hopefully today or tomorrow and so may be worth another. I notice on the gro index she goes as Laura u orme. Can't find anything on the line indexes. Tettenhall st Michael is only on to to 1932. It might be an idea to try Bilston cemetry. There is conformist and non conformist registers. Date will be on cert , cause , address, hospital if died in hospital, also if coroners case it will say info from coroner. Also informant but that could be any one, family or otherwise.

You could try contacting wolverhampton bereavement services. The other thing you could do is try contacting bushbury crematorium. The crem I should think will have a copy of the national burial index. You need to give them the date of death and possibly the birth date or age at death. If you google you should find these but it's probably something like www.wolverhampton.gov.uk