Author Topic: help alexandrena dunbar ardclach  (Read 8171 times)

Offline scot1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
help alexandrena dunbar ardclach
« on: Thursday 02 October 08 16:50 BST (UK) »
 hello new to this can anyone help with alexandrena dunbar she married david soutter 08/06/1875 atblackfold ardclach  i can find her in the census 1881,1891 ,1901 but cannot find her before that she was born in ardclach in 1854 on the marriage cet it says her father george dunbar mother isabella kinnaird but on her death cet father william dunbar fraser  and mother isabella fraser m/s kinnaird i have tried to find her birth cet with no luck any help or thoughts on this would be great
 from scot 1

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: help alexandrena dunbar ardclach
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 October 08 20:52 BST (UK) »
I do n't know if this'll help but I checked on familysearch & found her mother's marriage details.Isabella Kinnaird married Donald Fraser 1st July 1859 in the parish of Ardlach.I looked for them in freecen & in 1861 they were in Ordbreak,Cawdor.You can get the marriage certificate information off scotlandspeople.You never know,her daughter may be one of the witnesses!
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline scot1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 October 08 20:59 BST (UK) »
Ok i will try that.Thanks Flst

Scot1

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 October 08 21:34 BST (UK) »
Not sure if this helps as Alexandrena b. 1854 does not show in the household, but this looks to be Donald and Isabella following their marriage in the 1861 census:

Donald Fraser    38, Crofter (or Farmer) Of 6 Ac, b. Dores, Invernessshire
Isabella Kinnaird 32, b.Ardclach, Nairnshire
Christina Fraser 2, b.Ardclach, Nairnshire
Hugh Fraser 3 Months,  b.Cawdor, Nairnshire
Margaret Fraser 68, mother, Road Contructor's Widow, b. Dores, Invernessshire
Margaret McKenzie 10, visitor, b Croy, Nairnshire

Address: Ardbreak, Cawdor

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 October 08 21:41 BST (UK) »
Yes, thats them in 1861.I have found Isabella in 1851 at - Blackford! She is a lodger,unmarried aged 21 & a seamstress.Usually when a woman had a child out of wedlock the child was looked after by grandparents to enable her to continue working.I checked the IGI & found Isabel Kinnaird born 28 April 1829,christened 7 May 1829.Parents Alexander Kinnaird & Christian Rose.I have found Christina Kinnaird & her grandaughter Elexina Dunbar age 7,born in Ardclach, in Blackfold.
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 02 October 08 21:48 BST (UK) »
Well done flst, sounds like you found her! Also on the same page as Isabella in 1851 would look to be her mother and some siblings, all showing as born in Ardclach:

Christina Kennard 55, farmer of 3 acres
John Kennard    18
Christina Kennard 14

Address: Blackfold, Ardclach

Monica

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 02 October 08 21:51 BST (UK) »
I think in 1871 Alexandrena has been indexed as Alexander  ::) She is working as a domestic servant at Wyndend, Clunie perthshire, aged 17 and birth place showing as Ardeloch, Nairnshire.

Monica

Offline scot1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 03 October 08 18:32 BST (UK) »
thanks for the help monicalesl and flst i now have a new root to go down i looked up the marriage on scotlands people but as far as i can make out she was not a witness
scot1

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 04 October 08 16:09 BST (UK) »
At the time I suggested she might be a witness at her mother's marriage I did not know when that was. I think she would've been too young in 1859 but the names of witnesses are often useful clues for identifying family members. Have you managed to identify them?Glad you've managed to get this far,though!
Regards,
flst