Author Topic: stephen cocking(again)  (Read 929 times)

Offline arry

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
stephen cocking(again)
« on: Tuesday 30 July 13 10:29 BST (UK) »
Good morning cornwall.
we are researching ,STEPHEN COCKING ,it would appear the fore name goes back to the 1600s,
We have found a burial entry13th dec 1716 and it reads ,STEPHEN COCKING ,murdered and buried ,is there any where we can look for more info on this burial or criminal files,court papers ,sorry the place is REDRUTH,Cornwall.
Many thanks Arry

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: stephen cocking(again)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 16:30 BST (UK) »
This might be a good place to get in touch with   if possible,

Cornwall Centre
Alma Place ,
Redruth,
TR15 2AT
Email, cornishstudies.library@cornwall.gov.uk
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline arry

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 16:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Radcliff.
Thanks for that ,unfortunately i phoned them yesterday and they have no info for this subject,i also tried cornwall records library same reply ,don,t know what to try next ,i think we are just going to have to grin and bear this one ,unless anybody know,s different.
my thanks  Arry ??? ??? ???

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 17:15 BST (UK) »
What a shame,
I know some records of this kind do exist, as this is on the Cornwall council web site,

15th November 1712 Charles Mohun,5th Baronet is killed in a duel,with the Duke of Hamilton,
Mohun had been previously tried cleared by the house of peers in  1692/3

Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline arry

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 21:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Radcliff.
Yes i found that allright and i thought finding a murder would be quite easy ,but no, i shall just have to keep trying whatever comes to mind ,
Thanks very much for your input ,will let you know if i break it or someone comes up with a solution.
Thanks Arry