Author Topic: Salmon Family Westmeath and Margaret Bowen  (Read 3215 times)

Offline BartonSalmon

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Salmon Family Westmeath and Margaret Bowen
« on: Monday 21 April 14 03:42 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am trying to trace my ancestors from Ireland. I know that my GF was born in Queensland Australia. His father immigrated to Australia approx 1863. My GGF Christopher Salmon was born abt 1841. He died in Dunwich Queensland on 10 July 1917 aged 70. His death certificate states he was born in Kilpatrick, Westmeath Ireland and had lived in Australia for 54 years. He married in Queensland Australia. His death certificate lists his father as John Salmon and his mother a Margaret Bowen. These same names appear on his marriage certificate. 

I have located a brother who immigrated in the same year on the same ship the "Rockhampton" his death certificate 23 Sept 1879 states he was born in Westmeath Ireland his age was listed as 44 years so his birth year would have been 1835 approx. His DC listed his father as John Salmon (farmer) and mother as Margaret Bone (although could be Bowen)

My research to date shows a number of Christopher Salmon's listed in the Tithe Applotment Book entries and Griffith Valuations around that time and later.

I have had no luck with marriages or birth registrations for that period 1810's (GGGF birth period) or 1830"s to 1840's