Author Topic: Madden marries Carroll Ballyloughloe  (Read 5358 times)

Offline farlington

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Madden marries Carroll Ballyloughloe
« on: Monday 01 July 13 14:29 BST (UK) »
Hi All
Over the weekend I found another daughter for my x3Gt grandfather Robert Madden.
Both daughters Eliza (mine) and Ellen Susan were married in Ballyloughloe (Now Mount Temple sort of midway between Moate and Athlone on the sceneic route).
My interest here lies with Ellen Susan, she marries a John James Carroll on 6th Feb 1860. At the moment thats all i can find out about her.
His father is named as Parker Carroll. Parker Carroll is not a usual name and googling it throws up Major General Sir Parker Carroll commander of Athlone District. However digging further I cannot relate the son to father.
I should also imagine that they are Church Of Ireland
any wise Westmeath rootschatters  come across them?

farlington

Offline farlington

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Madden marries Carroll Ballyloughloe
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 July 13 11:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks to a piece of fortune when I was looking for her sisters record a rocord of her popped up getting married again 7 years later in England.
I have traced her on a passenger list to Canada with a child. Thanks to Rootschatters I was able to decypher the childs name to Amyus Loftus Carroll.
At the moment i dont know what happened to John James Carroll or the whereabouts of the child until 1871.

farlington

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 July 13 12:06 BST (UK) »
My interest here lies with Ellen Susan, she marries a John James Carroll on 6th Feb 1860. At the moment thats all i can find out about her.
His father is named as Parker Carroll. Parker Carroll is not a usual name and googling it throws up Major General Sir Parker Carroll commander of Athlone District. However digging further I cannot relate the son to father. ...
I should also imagine that they are Church Of Ireland

do you have a marriage cert or just the partial extracted record from FamilySearch ?

The cert should show fathers names and occupation, as well as current residences for the bride and groom etc, which could help match people up. A cert would also show the name and denomination of the church involved and also names of two witnesses, but definitely not a Catholic marriage since it appears in Civil records before 1864.

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline farlington

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 July 13 12:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Shanew147

No record just a partial. I only stumbled upon her a couple of days ago.
I wiil get one ordered up. Am in Ireland in 6 weeks so needing to arm myself with as much info as i can.

Farlington