Author Topic: Church Wardens  (Read 4961 times)

Offline Maystan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Church Wardens
« on: Friday 12 July 13 04:23 BST (UK) »
I was browsing through Westmeath when I came upon the Fleeson family. No interest but there is  mention of a film 101011.  My main concern is church wardens 1699-1800.

As I am still trying to locate info on a Robert Stanley, church warden of Athlone in 1786. would this film mention all names of church wardens in that time period.  And if so, what other info would be given on the individual?  I also notice parish registers, burials & marriages. I have not been able to locate Robert's burial, marriage ,etc. so I assume this film would also list names & date of marriage, burial, etc.

Thank you for a reply.

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Church Wardens
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 March 14 07:06 GMT (UK) »
I would be interested to learn any information about the Fleeson family you mentioned .... thanks Alison

Offline farlington

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 March 14 09:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
A good starting point for Athlone is the Athlone library on athlib(at)westmeathcoco.ie and reference the enquiry to Gearoid O'Brien, the senior librarian.
He has written many books and articles on the history of Athlone and runs the local studies unit in the library. He has great knowledge and has helped me in the past.

farlington

Offline Maystan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 02:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello Alison.  Sorry but I know nothing about the Fleson family. Was interested in the film mentioned & if anyone knew what would be in this film & would all names be mentioned who was a church warden at that time.   Marilyn