Author Topic: George Frederick Taylor & Christian Frederick Taylor Cousins??  (Read 9871 times)

Offline penne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Frederick Taylor & Christian Frederick Taylor Cousins??
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 19 September 13 22:22 BST (UK) »
Re Taylors and Shotter posted by Valda, I have just worked out, that my James Taylor who married Eliza Shotter in 1821 may be part of this tree.Eliza's mother Mary may be the one who married Charles Taylor as she was widowed in 1823. I would be keen to fit my James into these families. cheers penne

Offline DavidTaylor

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 21 September 13 17:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Penne.. Which Charles Taylor did Elizabeth Shotter marry? A relative of Christian Frederick Taylor or of George Frederick Taylor? and was she the sister of Maryann who married Charles Broadbridge?

Offline penne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 23 September 13 08:06 BST (UK) »
Cannot help with that question yet i'm sorry,Currently unwinding my James Taylor, who gave very different ages on the 1851-61 cencus, as did his wife Eliza nee Shotter.(not 100% confirmed)
We know James and Eliza had their earlier family at Kingston on Thames where he was variously, a corn chandler,coal merchant and carter. It was not until circa 1828 when the family went down to Deptford/Rotherhithe that James became a steward on ships. Elizas father James Shotter died 1823 and i found a posting on this mailing list from Valda mentioning a marriage of a Mary Shotter 1826 to a Charles, which looked promising.cheers penne

Offline penne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 21 July 14 06:40 BST (UK) »
James Taylor
Baptism
24 Nov 1793
St Nicholas, Deptford, Kent
Charles Taylor,
Susanna Taylor
 this MAY be my James. ages on cencus are so far out, as to be almost useless.
James's  wifes Eliza  is around 1803/6 on the 1851/61 cencus and now we have confirmed her as Eliza Shotter (marriage mistranscribed as Sholler)_ we find she was born  1797. It is her sister Mary Ann who married widower Charles Broadbridge, and their spinster daughter also named Mary Ann Broadbridge who married widower George Frederick Taylor. Two other Shotter sisters Harriet and Rose  both have their estates tied up with a daughter from Charles Broadbridges first marriage. So the intermingling continues.

Offline penne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 21 July 14 07:43 BST (UK) »
John frederick taylor died 1892 of 126 Well st hackney, left over six thousand pounds to son? george a glazier mary ann broadbridge spinster( A Mary Ann Broadbridge of 49 Devonshire rd died 22 march 1899 ) and James Phillips gentleman

I had thought the 1899 death of a Mary Ann Taylor was John Fs second wife, anyone have confirmation?

Offline DavidTaylor

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 21 July 14 13:56 BST (UK) »
John frederick taylor died 1892 of 126 Well st hackney, left over six thousand pounds to son? george a glazier mary ann broadbridge spinster( A Mary Ann Broadbridge of 49 Devonshire rd died 22 march 1899 ) and James Phillips gentleman

I had thought the 1899 death of a Mary Ann Taylor was John Fs second wife, anyone have confirmation?

Hi there. It's George Frederick Taylor, not John, that died 1892 at 126 Well Street and he was married to Maryann Broadbridge but it was illegal to be married to your dead wife's (Caroline Broadbridge) sister

Offline penne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 21 July 14 21:53 BST (UK) »
Of course it was  David, apols.
I was bogged down with them all, yesterday.
My Mary Ann Broadbridge nee Shotter who died in 1860,2nd wife of Charles Broadbridge left her estate to her stepdaughter Caroline Truth Taylor, nee Broadbridge. getting that document later.
In the meantime another stepdaughter Matilda was with Christian taylor  as a lodger in 1861 cencus along with her own daughter Mary Ann..Possibly had been living with widow Mary Ann nee Shotter until her death 1860 , then estate sold????
Perhaps some family disharmony at caroline truth being sole benificiary,both women were well overage and both later married, matilda to a William fry and Mary Ann jnr to yet another taylor, as previously said, except I had John frederick instead of george Frederick m 22 Aug 1882(not double checked). I still think with my Eliza Shotter, sister of Mary Ann Shotter, who married a James taylor must fit in here somewhere.

Offline penne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 14 December 16 05:51 GMT (UK) »
hello David and others, Just asking if anyone in your Taylor family has done DNA? cousin Rhondda and I have done the autosomal one, and hopefully some of you guys can do the male Y one, this will confirm whether any or all of our Taylors have a common ancestor.
After testing with your chosen company, do download to gedmatch the common, pool for most of the commercial companies. no cost.