Author Topic: Cork deaths from newspapers  (Read 1352 times)

Offline densavage

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Cork deaths from newspapers
« on: Wednesday 27 August 14 23:38 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find a site from which I obtained death of Cork ancestors and try as I may I cannot find it again. I have one page the heading states "Cork Constitutional Cork City Library 23/9/1994" The page I have is from 1838, the entry I am interested in is " 6th Jan William Cottrell Cork City died at his lodgings solicitor eldest son of the late Francis Cottrell Architect" All pages are hand written.   The reason I wish to find this site in addition to finding other members of the tribe is towards the end of 1838 a William Cottrell a attorney died and I wish to obtain a copy of that page.
In anticipation Thank you and this time I will note the details   Dennis
Piercy Nfk .Buck Nfk. Vince Nfk. Meachen Nfk. Fuller Nfk. Green Swannington Nfk. Seaman Yaxham Nfk  Savage Sur/ Ham. Homan Cor/Ham. Higgins Gal/Ham. Knott  Thame Oxf. Maynard Great Haseley Oxf. Lewis Henley in Arden War.Woodhams Ken/Sus.Sargent Hastings. Waters Hastings.Evernden Hastings. Savery Hastings,
Colgan Gal. Keenan  Millisle & Belfast. Kane Dow. Mcaleese Belfast. Fitzpatrick Kik.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wild rose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cork deaths from newspapers
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 August 14 06:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Dennis,

You could get in touch with someone at Cork City Library; I have done this in the past and always found them willing to help.

Cork:      Desmond/Meany,Mountain/Meany,Mountain/Robinson, Barnes/Barry,Mountain/Green,Mountain/Healy                                     

Carlow:  O'Neill/Bailey

England: O'Neill/Pollard, Robinson/O'Neill, Robinson/Cork.

Offline oldkingkole

• RootsChat Extra
  • west Cork and around Cork Harbour
    • View Profile
Re: Cork deaths from newspapers
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 August 14 12:09 BST (UK) »
http://www.dia.ie/architects/view/1245/COTTRELL-FRANCIS

Can't seem to find trying  various of combinations, which I'm sure you've done, I'd guess you have this?
Padraig
O Driscoll, McCarthy, Collins, Fitzgerald, Johnson, Gunn, Swanton, Barry, O'Neill, O'Mahony,
O Donoughue, O Mahony, Connolly, Cadogan.