Author Topic: Saich  (Read 15736 times)

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
Re: Saich
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 June 06 09:35 BST (UK) »
For those of you watching this thread the above Sally was the daughter of Thomas Saich and Elizabeth Bugbeard and part of the Ruislip line.

David
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jillyjus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 May 08 23:03 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for any information on the Saich branch who moved to Birmingham.

In particular Joseph Saich who was born around 1791 & moved to Birmingham before 1841. I have him on the 1841 census living in Birmingham but born outside of Warwickshire. He was married to Mary & had children Thomas, Emily & George, that I know of, all born in Birmingham.

His son Thomas (born around 1821) married Jane & they had a daughter Ellen around 1842, probably in Birmingham. I'm looking for any information on her as I can't find any birth records, and she isn't listed on the 1851 census with her parents. Her mother (according to the censuses) would have been 15 & unmarried when Ellen was born, I don't know how likely this is, or whether it's more likely she was adopted by Thomas & Jane. She suddenly appears on the 1861 census aged 19, but I have no idea what went on before that.

If anyone has noticed anything about these people as they've been researching I'd be really glad to hear from you. Or any suggestions where else I can look, or any possible explanations would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance!

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 19 May 08 23:12 BST (UK) »
As I said in reply to the PM that you sent me I am afraid that I can't fit your Joseph anywhere into the West Middlesex branch of the Saich family and that makes it fairly certain that he didn't come from that branch.  Although you are far enough back that he might be a son that I haven't located.

David
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stickman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 18 June 09 10:36 BST (UK) »
Have details of Saich family up to datefrom Neville Arms also my own essex family. If you want to make contact. Am online at present.
Barry.

Offline jillyjus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 05 October 09 21:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Barry - do any of those names sound familiar to you? Are your Saiches also in the Birmingham area?

Offline stickman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 06 October 09 01:07 BST (UK) »
My Saiches are mainly from the greater Dunmow area, with a possibility back to Ramsden Crays in Essex in the late 17, early 1800's. More recently some members moved to London, St.Giles.
I have a copies of my tree on Tribal and Genes.
Barry

Offline JessSaich

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 09 April 10 06:16 BST (UK) »
Looking for information/trees regarding Arthur Saich, born in Essex, April 1, 1878. He is my great grandfather.

Any info very much appreciated.

Jesse

Offline stickman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 10 September 10 21:02 BST (UK) »
I am researching The Saich History and have amassed details of almost a thousand Saiches including many of those posted here. If anyone would like to share in this information they can do so completely free of charge by contacting me at (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Kathleen from Kent

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 28 February 12 17:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello.  My great grandmother was Florence Saich, born 1876 Shoreditch. Her father was Henry Seaich born 1851 Birmingham, a chandelier maker then a bicycle maker.  He married an Eliza Ann Dodds in 1840.  Henry's father was a Joseph Seaich born c1811 who married a Maria Meeson in 1840.  Joseph was a gun maker in Birmingham area.  I cannot find him until 1871 census.  Can you help at all with tracing the family?  Family talk is that there was german blood in  the family, I thought it was in the Seaich side but it maybe Maria Meeson who has the german connection? I cannot understand how someone just doesn't appear on any census until 1871.  I have printed off something from a directory which shows Joseph as a gun maker so I know he did exist and I have the record of his marriage  Spelling of the name is also hard, Seaich, Saich, Saitch,  Sach, Such, Sayce, Saece etc.  Any help would be much appreciated.  They must be somewhere?

Thank you

Kathleen