Author Topic: advice please Elizabeth Jane Mabon 1879-82  (Read 15325 times)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: advice please Elizabeth Jane Mabon 1879-82
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 July 14 14:35 BST (UK) »
I dont know if its the same Jane Mabon married James Cain 1876 reg qr jul-aug-sep morpeth volume 10b 467.

There are four names on the page: Jane Mabon, Mary Hudson, James Cain and George Alexander Douglas.

Are you certain that Jane did actually marry James Cain, and not George Alexander Douglas?
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 30 July 14 15:01 BST (UK) »
Be sure to let us know all the details on the certificate when you get it...... :)

You may need a few more certificates in due course, as you can afford them, for you to find the facts about Elizabeth & Robert's births. His middle name of Lee COULD suggest that is his father's surname. However, it is Elizabeth that is the main subject of your query so let's progress her first.

Have you ever found any baptisms in the family to find out what their religious convictions were? Perhaps they were non-conformist for whom fewer records are available online. Apparently the Woodhorn Museum have copies of Methodist registers. I have looked for baptisms on ancestry with no success but I am not sure they have Northumberland records. As far as I know registration only became compulsory in 1876, but there may still have been people who did not register for some reason or another & a baptism will be the only record.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline geordiesue

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 30 July 14 15:21 BST (UK) »
Be sure to let us know all the details on the certificate when you get it...... :)

You may need a few more certificates in due course, as you can afford them, for you to find the facts about Elizabeth & Robert's births. His middle name of Lee COULD suggest that is his father's surname. However, it is Elizabeth that is the main subject of your query so let's progress her first.

Have you ever found any baptisms in the family to find out what their religious convictions were? Perhaps they were non-conformist for whom fewer records are available online. Apparently the Woodhorn Museum have copies of Methodist registers. I have looked for baptisms on ancestry with no success but I am not sure they have Northumberland records. As far as I know registration only became compulsory in 1876, but there may still have been people who did not register for some reason or another & a baptism will be the only record.

Hi Josey

The marriage certificate has been ordered and will be dispatched on 5th Aug so thats a start. I have also ordered a marriage certificate for my husbands g grandfather John Richardson from my other query on the board. I dont know what religion they were sorry

Susan

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 30 July 14 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hi

In the Morpeth Herald 8th July 1876 Marriages " In this town at the Registry Office ... 4th inst Mr James Cain to Miss Jane Mabon, both of Morpeth".

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 30 July 14 16:48 BST (UK) »
Hi

In the Morpeth Herald 8th July 1876 Marriages " In this town at the Registry Office ... 4th inst Mr James Cain to Miss Jane Mabon, both of Morpeth".

William

That's a nice find  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 30 July 14 18:42 BST (UK) »
Hi

Could refer to death of their father, William Mabon - Morpeth Herald Feb 28 1903 " Mrs Cain and Mrs Matthewson desire to express their heartfelt thanks to all friends and neighbours for help and sympathy in their recent sad bereavement".
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline geordiesue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 31 July 14 00:03 BST (UK) »
Hi

Could refer to death of their father, William Mabon - Morpeth Herald Feb 28 1903 " Mrs Cain and Mrs Matthewson desire to express their heartfelt thanks to all friends and neighbours for help and sympathy in their recent sad bereavement".

Ahh now theres a marriage for Barbara Mabon oct-nov-dec 1895 possibly Thomas Matthewson morpeth volume 10b page 604. Thats got to be William Mabon. Brilliant find  :)

Offline geordiesue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 31 July 14 00:20 BST (UK) »
Hi

William

That`s another great find I wonder though if Elizabeth Jane was adopted would she have to put her real fathers name on the marriage certificate or if she has been adopted by William could she use his?

That's a nice find  :)

Offline jan57

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 31 July 14 00:44 BST (UK) »
 From Free BMD

Deaths Mar 1903   

Mabon  William  72  Morpeth  10b 264

William Jnr   maybe ?

Deaths Dec 1905