Author Topic: Buriel- Hazelton  (Read 679 times)

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Buriel- Hazelton
« on: Saturday 27 September 14 15:33 BST (UK) »
Would anyone be able to check the Hazelton P/Rs for the buriel of a Thomas Cambray between 1681 (when he married) and 1687 when I THINK it maybe his widow Mary marrying again ?

He gave an age of 27 when he married.

Also if there were any children ?

Thank you

Kim

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Buriel- Hazelton
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 September 14 18:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Kim,
The St Andrew, Hazleton burial and baptism records for the period 1681-1687 are held on microfiche (PFC 172 IN 1/1 1) and film (PMF 172) at Glos Archives (GA).
I shall be in GA next Tuesday and will do a lookup for you.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 September 14 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Kim,
I have, today, checked both the microfiche and film of the BMDs for St Andrew, Hazleton. They are both hard to read in places. I didn't find a burial for Thomas CAMBRAY 1681-1687, but I did find the following:-
1682, Thomas CAMBRAY ye son of Thomas CAMBRAY and Mary was baptised November ye 27.
1685, Robert CAMBRAY Jno(?) son of Thomas and Mary was baptised November ye 26, 1685.
Due to being unable to read all the entries, I have pre-ordered the actual PR for next Saturday and will get back to you if I find a burial entry for Thomas CAMBRAY 1681-1687.
Victor
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 October 14 09:07 BST (UK) »
Victor

Thank you for that information.

Yesterday I found (on Ancestry) the Will of Thomas Cambray's father Richard dated 1709 in which he names Thomas as deceased and makes bequests to his (Thomas') sons Thomas/Robert and Richard.
so now I have the baptisms of Thomas and Robert-thank you :)

I have ordered the Will of this Richard, who died in 1772, from the Glos Archives !

Kim

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 October 14 14:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Kim,
I could have transcribed the will for you. Never mind. I'll get back to you on Saturday with any result I find in the actual PR.
Victor

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 04 October 14 12:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Kim,
There is NO sign of a burial for Thomas CAMBRAY 1681-1687 in the actual PR of St Andrew, Haselton
Victor

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 04 October 14 12:26 BST (UK) »
Victor

That is disappointing :( but thank you very much for checking !

Kim