Author Topic: Another Bagillt Family  (Read 3491 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Another Bagillt Family
« on: Monday 22 July 13 00:21 BST (UK) »
Many thanks to those who responded to my other post looking for some of my relatives from Bagillt.

Another family of interest is that of a Thomas and Margaret Parry shown to be living in Bagillt in 1851.
HO107/2500/558/15.

Thomas is showing as born in Chorley Lancashire in c 1799,whereas Margaret is showing as born in Bagillt in c 1801.Whilst I can't find any corresponding members of this family in 1861,Margaret reappears in 1871 with some of her children.

It is the maiden name of this Margaret that I am looking for please.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Another Bagillt Family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 July 13 09:54 BST (UK) »
An interesting marriage in Bagillt 26 May 1821 between Thomas Parry and Margaret Parry

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KCRN-2T3

It's the only one showing  that's around the right time!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 July 13 10:16 BST (UK) »
An interesting marriage in Bagillt 26 May 1821 between Thomas Parry and Margaret Parry

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KCRN-2T3

It's the only one showing  that's around the right time!

Thanks,yes I did see this on Family Search late last night.Of course the marriage would not have been in Bagillt would it?There were only events at Bagillt Church from about 1840.It would more than likely to have taken place at St James Holywell.

I did look on my newly acquired  Cocking Index CD for any possible baptisms for Thomas and Margaret Parry's children but it appears they were more than likely baptised at St James as well.I have to say though at this stage it doesn't appear that the Margaret is the one I'm looking for.

I was looking for further info concerning Margaret Evans born in Bagillt in 1802 who was the daughter of my Greatx3-Grandfather Thomas Evans's first marriage to a May Stephenson who he married at Holywell in 1794.Other children i have born to the couple were Jane(1797) and William(1800).

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 July 13 10:55 BST (UK) »
The actual record is in Holywell - which was the correct parish in those days. 
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 July 13 11:05 BST (UK) »
The actual record is in Holywell - which was the correct parish in those days.

Thanks Gadget.Its great that these marriages are appearing on Family Search.I've filled in a couple of surname unknowns this morning,which as you may know I take an extreme dislike to appearing in my Tree!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 22 July 13 21:12 BST (UK) »
I may shortly have some good info about Jane Evans(1797).She may very well be the Jane Evans who married John Bagshaw in 1824.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire