Author Topic: Walton Park Cemetery, Liverpool  (Read 44507 times)

Offline liverbird09

• RootsChat Veteran
  • socken
    • View Profile
Re: Walton Park Cemetery, Liverpool
« Reply #18 on: Monday 23 May 11 20:12 BST (UK) »
I was going to take a trip to this Cem. this week, have just discovered OH ancestor was buried there in 1883. Thanks for your pics and info dobfarm, it will save me a journey.  ;)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 23 May 11 20:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Jean

Since I made that trip to Liverpool I have found there is a another way in there by  Rawcliffe Road at the end of is very small round about  and graveyard behond but have to seen this entrance also there are some gravestones in the normal burial ground. Contact the Rice lane city farm for futher info but you could end up shearing sheep! so be warned  ;D or on the cow stool   :'(

Dave  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline liverbird09

• RootsChat Veteran
  • socken
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 23 May 11 20:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dobby, the ancestor died in the workhouse. The image of the register had "coroners order" written above, do you think I could get further info from this?

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 23 May 11 20:39 BST (UK) »
That info will be in the Liverpool archives or Preston county archives or newspapers or coroners court records. All expensive search fee unless you can go your self but with travels cost (Train)the latter could be cheaper. In Yorkshre it about £12 for a 1/2 hour  (Will have find their charge)but they know where to look fast.

Contact local libraries first for newspapers

Contact that farm first they may still have records or know where they are
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline liverbird09

• RootsChat Veteran
  • socken
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 23 May 11 20:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dave, will take a trip to L'Pool soon and check out the newspapers. Appreciate your help.
Jean  ;)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 23 May 11 20:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dave, will take a trip to L'Pool soon and check out the newspapers. Appreciate your help.
Jean  ;)

As said Phone that Farm first.

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 11:48 BST (UK) »
As Dobby suggests contact the farm, I recently made an enquiry and this is the information given.

Some of the land is being used by the Rice Lane City Farm which is a Community Project and one of the volunteers accepts specific requests for research for specific graves.

Firstly there is no official plan for the cemetery, however they do hold an informal plan, there are a number of avenues noted alphabetically and they believe they have approximately a 50% success rate.

It is recommended that you make contact by email - ricelanecityfarm@hotmail.co.uk and a Grave Reference is absolutely essential, not just a name and date of death. They will need a minimum of a couple of weeks to try to find any information for you, it's not a straightforward task for them, so don't just email and say you are visiting Liverpool tomorrow.

As they are a Community Project donations for any research undertaken are suggested and are always welcome.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline liverbird09

• RootsChat Veteran
  • socken
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 18:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks MaryA, for that additional info & link.  :) I found the coroners inquest in the 1883 Mercury which gives me a little more to work from.
Jean

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 19:23 BST (UK) »
Gets more interesting as we go ::) Did you go to L'pool library or get the coroner info off Gale 19th c Newspapers or Newspapers online