Author Topic: James and Sarah KAY (or KEY ) of Liverpool  (Read 670 times)

Offline Chris_t

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James and Sarah KAY (or KEY ) of Liverpool
« on: Thursday 03 April 14 09:26 BST (UK) »
Although not new to genealogy I am not sure where to start with this one so any help would be appreciated.  I want to be able to place the above couple somewhere in Liverpool from 1787 onwards but I don't have a lot of information to go on. 

What I have are a couple of baptism records for Ellen and Ann KAY. Both Ellen and Ann are daughters of a John KAY.  Ellen was born in 1808 and Ann in 1830.  Both baptisms took place at Witton in Cheshire and include the names of the grandparents and their place of abode. In both instances the parents of John were named as James and Sarah and their abode was given as Liverpool.

The father John KAY was born at Knutsford in Cheshire in 1787 and he possibly had a sister Nancy also born at Knutsford in 1786. I have a possible marriage for the parents at Knutsford the previous year but I cannot find a record of any further children.

At some stage going by the baptism records James and/or Sarah moved to Liverpool but I don't know exactly when or where.  James KAY may have been a weaver and Sarah his wife could be Sarah FOXLEY.  This is the start and finish of the information that I have to hand.

Is there any way that I can narrow down the location based on the date and/or occupation of James. 

Regards, Christine