Author Topic: Was she married?  (Read 6287 times)

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Was she married?
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 08 April 14 18:55 BST (UK) »
You're welcome.

I see Rebecca & Archibald's burials listed here -http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nygreen2/pleasant_valley_cemetery.htm

Offline Galium

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 08 April 14 21:26 BST (UK) »
There is no marriage of Alfreda Phipps or Condy in England and Wales after Alfreda's marriage to Archibald.

However there is a birth registered in Lambeth district in 1925 indexed under Phipps and Hill with Mmn Condy.   There two more Hill births in Lambeth district in 1927 and 1929 with Mmn Condy (but no corresponding Hill/Condy marriage), and also a Phipps birth in Wakefield in 1931 with Mmn Condy.

This tends to suggest that there was no divorce
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gbyrne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 20 October 20 22:51 BST (UK) »
to swimo  i am replying to inquiry about robert whitaker sinnerton pickles,  i am bob's step nephew.   uncle bob immigrated from canada to long island, new york.  his mother rebecca married my mother father.  bob came to live with my parents till 1977 and then he lived with me, my wife and our children till he passed dec 1978.   he was a great guy and my children really loved him.   i wish i had your private email address so i can tell u more and i have family photos of bob i could share with you.  i will not ask you personal questions on this forum but i can tell you are very intested in finding out more.   i hope u will read this post.....g

Offline gbyrne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 21 October 20 00:26 BST (UK) »
to swinno,   i hope you will see my last post.   i do not know when your first inquiry was posted, if it was a long time ago.   i do have info on robert whitaker sinnerton pickles, my step-uncle who we called uncle bob.   i have pictures of uncle bob and his mother rebecca who we called nana. she had beautiful snowy white hair and a beautiful scottish accent.   she was my mothers stepmother but they never called her anything but mother.   i guess on this forum u cant post me your email address so i can contact you.   if u are directly related to bob, i can tell u that u do have half relatives that live in the u.s.     g

Offline djg145

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 02 October 21 14:10 BST (UK) »
Hello, Swinno.
I know this is a very old thread, but I am attacking it from the Archibald William Phipps angle.
So I will await a response before I go into details.
Dave Gosling

Offline KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 02 October 21 15:07 BST (UK) »
gbyrne and dgj145 - swinnow appears to have been online quite recently on 29 September 2021 so will hopefully receive your messages.  If either of you post on the thread 3 times, you should then have the option to Personal Message(PM) swinnow using the icon below their name.  Good luck and don't forget to post an update as we are all interested in seeing people's journeys to find their roots.  Kit
Rimmer/Appleton/Ashcroft: St Helens, Lancs // Cul(le)y:St Helens & Little Bolton // Stott: Huyton Quarry & Sutton, Lancs
Carson:Belfast? & St Helens // Kelly:Mullingar, West Meath? & St Helens // Ronan: Ferns, Wexford & St Helens // Daley:Oranmore & Athenry, Co Galway //
Cunningham: Heworth, Gateshead & Widnes & St Helens, originating Ireland
Edgar: Bellie, Moray // Anderson: Selkirk // Rutherford: Hobkirk, Roxburghshire //
Stewart: Angus // Watson: Moray & Jamaica // Watt: Cairnie

Offline swinno

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 02 October 21 15:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys yes I am still here. How can I help?

Offline djg145

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 02 October 21 15:11 BST (UK) »
Hello, Swinno.
I know this is a very old thread, but I am attacking it from the Archibald William Phipps angle.
So I will await a response before I go into details.
Dave Gosling

Offline djg145

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 02 October 21 15:26 BST (UK) »
Hello, Well hopefully we can help each other :)

I have a Archibald William Phipps b. 1898 in Plymouth and married Alfreda Ada Condy (1899-1952) on the 3rd February 1919 in Plymouth. It is a long and confusing life that Archibald appears to have lead.
I have attached a file for you to read. Archibald eventually left for Canada and tried many times to enter the USA. He eventually did and married Rebecca Pickles/Sinnerton - though i cannot find a marriage certificate - he was apparently still married to Alfreda. Hopefully after you read the attached file, we can cross refer. i believe that the Catherine he refers to has his Sister is in fact his niece, she married Harold Hockedy. Catherine seems to have lived with her Grandparents - Archibald's parents and he may well have grown up with her and regarded her as a sister. Anyhow I will let you read the attached - take care Dave Gosling. *Not sure how we can do this more privately.