Author Topic: 65th Armoured tank division WW2  (Read 5895 times)

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Griffiths Jnr c1914, HMS Achilles
    • View Profile
Re: 65th Armoured tank division WW2
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 12 November 14 13:31 GMT (UK) »
yes, the War Diaries of units and formations are the way to go. Unfortunately, the NA have periodical prunings. I got photocopies of armoured regiment states and divisional daily tank states from Kew. That was probably 10 years ago and there was no complete run June 1944 to May 1945 then. Many had gone to the shredder.

What was the file refs? I suspect a lot has changed since then, I've only been going for around five years and I cringe at some of the stories I hear. I'm wondering if they are now available as I'm sure I copied something like this sometime ago along with a file examining destroyed British tanks in NWE and daily or monthly British Tank Production figures.

Give me a bit of time. I don't actively study this stuff nowadays. I have a mixture of photocopies and what I copied out longhand. One thing I can say it is pure gold. Without checking, there was June and July and then it jumped to October. I will send you all I've got but I will need to sort it all out.   
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

Offline Drew5233

• RootsChat Veteran
  • How Many Hours in Spits?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 12 November 14 13:35 GMT (UK) »
Just the reference number will do for the file. It's not an area I'm interested in was just happy to check if any others were available for you if you are interested :)

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Griffiths Jnr c1914, HMS Achilles
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 12 November 14 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Just the reference number will do for the file. It's not an area I'm interested in was just happy to check if any others were available for you if you are interested :)

OK.

Regards,

Roger
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

Offline MFHistory

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 11 November 15 23:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Resurrecting this thread as I am currently researching the 65th AT Regt, RA for a living history project starting in the next couple of years. I am involved with a group covering Royal Norfolk's and I am interested in getting as many stories of veterans and their families as possible as well as any other information you may have in order to make our portrayal as realistic as possible and do the men of the 65th AT Regiment justice. If you would like to provide any information regarding a relative from a photograph to a story you were told once I would be forever in your favour as sadly there isn't much information regarding the Norfolk Yeomanry around.
I look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,

Matt
(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline millymcb

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 12 November 15 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Matt. Welcome to Rootschat.

As part of our anti spam policy we do not allow email addresses to be included in posts. We do have a Private Message (PM) system which you can use to exchange personal details offline.

You will need to make another post before you can send or receive messages. A reply to this message will be fine.

Good luck with the project

Milly
McBride (Monaghan, Manchester), Derbyshire (Bollington,Cheshire), Knight (Newcastle,Staffs), Smith (Chorley, Lancs & Ireland), Tipladay (Manchester & Yorkshire) ,Steadman (Madeley,Shropshire), Steele (Manchester,Glasgow), Parkinson (Wigan, Lancashire), Lovatt, Cornes & Turner (Staffs) Stott (Oldham, Lancs). All ended up Ardwick, Manchester
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MFHistory

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 12 November 15 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Milly,

Sorry about that... all sorted now?

Thanks,

Matt

Offline millymcb

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 12 November 15 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Yes.. You should be able to send personal messages now. You can send a test to me if you like. Just click on the little white square to the left of me profile name. If it doesn't work Make another post in case we have reverted to three rather than two post.

Milly
McBride (Monaghan, Manchester), Derbyshire (Bollington,Cheshire), Knight (Newcastle,Staffs), Smith (Chorley, Lancs & Ireland), Tipladay (Manchester & Yorkshire) ,Steadman (Madeley,Shropshire), Steele (Manchester,Glasgow), Parkinson (Wigan, Lancashire), Lovatt, Cornes & Turner (Staffs) Stott (Oldham, Lancs). All ended up Ardwick, Manchester
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk