Author Topic: Timmons & Mernagh marriage.  (Read 15178 times)

Offline 01lizzie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Timmons & Mernagh marriage.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 21:37 BST (UK) »
Just read my post and i'd forgotten, they mentioned Aunt Liz too!

Offline dalkey mc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 06 June 13 21:35 BST (UK) »
Hi 01 lizzie,Sarah (known as Frances) was my m-i-l,her mother was Rosanna she died & Lawerence married Julia.They then had Mary,Lizzie,Julia,Thomas,Laurence,James & John.Frances  married John McDonald & had 4 sons,John,Martin,Dermot(my husband) & Cyril(known as Joe)John stayed in Ireland but the other 3 came to England.Frances never spoke to us about her family so we have no idea what happened to any of them.Are you in touch with any other family members?are you in Ireland?we live in Portsmouth,Joe lives in Wiltshire but John & Martin have both died.When you said about a Des John(my b-i-l) had added Desmond as a middle name,prehaps after someone in the family.My husband & your mum will be cousins,this is so exciting.Hope you will let us know where & when the family went to.
              Natalie

Offline 01lizzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 06 June 13 23:14 BST (UK) »
Don't know where to start - this is so exciting!!! I know a fair few of the family, the majority of those I know are in the uk, though some are in Ireland (some still in Rathdrum). I hope your husband is sitting down, I can think of about 14 of his first cousins (still alive) just off the top of my head right now. Most of those have at least two children and then there's the next generation too......! Most are scattered around the Southeast of England, London, Surrey, Kent and a few elsewhere.  One of Mum's cousins has an incredible memory of their childhood, so I'll give him a ring over the weekend and see what he remembers hearing about his grandad's first family. Take care & speak soon x

Offline dalkey mc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 07 June 13 22:06 BST (UK) »
Can't believe it...amazing.I'll tell you what we know,Lawrence & Roseanna marry in 1893 Sarah(Frances) born 1893 Roseanna dies of meningitis 1894,Lawrence remarries 1897 to Julia in Seacombe Cheshire....why & they return to Ireland.
Frances married in 1932 & already had a son John & went on  to have 3 more sons,we think Johns father was not who she married,she was 40 when she married we wonder where she lived,what was she doing,at sometime she worked in a hotel in Greystones.When she died in 1984 we she was 84 but was 7 years older & Dermot says she would never tell anyone her age her husband was a few years younger.
I have to thank a lady called Margaret for getting lots of certificates for me,thanks for the email Margaret,will get back to you.
Dermot couldn't believe it when i told him about all his cousins,hope you can find out some details for us.I may not be back on here until Tuesday,did you get my personal message?
          Take care & can't wait to hear from you x

Offline dalkey mc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 19 June 13 11:17 BST (UK) »
I've not heard from 01lizzie so prehaps we are not connected or theres a dark secret, we've had a few of those lol.We have a photo album that we think was my m-i-ls & we were hoping to beable to put some names to faces but it looks like it was'nt meant to be.

Offline 01lizzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 19 June 13 14:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,

so sorry not been back on the site, my hubby has been poorly so i've been running around like a headless chicken.... I've sent you an email, but just to confirm, this is definitely the right family, i've  jusy been speaking to Jim Timmons, he's the son of John and May Mternagh and he confirmed his mum had a brother Jim who was indeed a postman. Gotta run now, but will try to pop back this evening.

Offline dalkey mc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 20 June 13 20:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks Lizzie for your email,i've just replied to you.Hope we both fill in some gaps in the family tree.

Offline Adam Timmons

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 05 August 13 06:51 BST (UK) »
Hello O1lizzie, 

My family had to move from the Switzerland of the US (Colorado) to ech! Texas.  I have been really busy.  Do you have any information on the John Timmons I mentioned who lived in Dublin until arount the mid 1840's.  All of my information stops with him.  My great, great, grandfather Edward would not even talk about his Irish roots except to say that we were descended from "Irish horse thieves".  I believe I heard that he was Catholic and if that is true, I have a suspiscion what the implication was although I believe that Rose Ann Holmes who immigrated here at the same time was Protestant.  The only thing I do know about the old man was that he was one heck of a dancer as witnessed by my father.  That would have made Edward a very old man when he died.

Thank you for responding.

Offline dalkey mc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 08 September 13 21:07 BST (UK) »
Have been in contact with someone from our Timmons family & meeting them next weekend.
Will be taking the photo album that was my late m-i-laws (Sarah) to see if they can put names to faces.