Author Topic: Barnett LLanaber  (Read 10744 times)

Offline cennydd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Barnett LLanaber
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 26 September 13 14:28 BST (UK) »
And I thought I'd found Maria's marriage at Everton St george in 1867. Maria  Barnett age 21 father listed as Richard Barnett master mariner no mention of deceased on record. I'll check this is it on Wales newspapers on line?

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 26 September 13 14:59 BST (UK) »
Confusing ?,  No I didn`t find it there, but using Gale cengage, I have a subscription.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline cennydd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 27 September 13 15:06 BST (UK) »
Eliza Barnett married Thomas William Austin a Newspaper reporter and the union appears childless according to 1881 and 1881 censuses. Eliza died 17.8.1896 (probate 2.9.1896) and Thomas William who had remarried by 1901 died 25.7.1935.

Ellen Francis and her family emigrated 1868/1869 failed to find travel status but found family in US census 1870 and traced some of them through to 1940 in New York

Offline devais

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 09 November 13 19:01 GMT (UK) »
I went to Barmouth Wales in May 2010 looking for Richard Barnett as my client and friend is his 3rd great granddaughter. Richards father William did own the hotel in Barmouth. We actually were able to see some documentation of this at the archives in Dolgellau. We have photos as the hotel looks today and as it did when William Barnett owned it. Also bills for rabbits delivered for meals.
My friends family handed down the story that Richard and his wife were killed on The Royal Charter. Although I can find no evidence to prove this.
I have a copy of William Barnett's will also many birth and death certificates, pictures and short movies of William Barnett's grave. A wonderful man from England was in the church yard when we were searching and came back and cleared a 50+ foot swath all the way to his grave. It had been covered by years and years of growth.
You have all given me information that I had not known before today. Thank you. I am very happy to share anything I have with everyone. Contact me at (*). I would love to hear from you.
Her line in New York State is as follows (Nan)~ Florence Ingersoll Jones~Mary Jane Francis Ingersoll~Ellen Lloyd Barnett Francis~ Richard Lloyd Barnett~ William Barnett.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php