Author Topic: Richard Jones  (Read 1260 times)

Offline paintedlady

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Richard Jones
« on: Thursday 13 March 14 17:46 GMT (UK) »
I seem to have hit a few brick walls with the following ancestors can anyone assist please?

Richard Jones born 1698,baptised 25/11/1698 Llandrillo yn Rhos.  His father was David (of Nant) - no idea where Nant is/was and who his mother was?

Richard married Mary Whitehouse baptised 25/3/1716 and she was apparently 15 years old when married.  Her parents were Jeremy and Mary and i cannot find a Jeremy anywhere having tried Jeremiah etc.

Richard Jones born 23rd December 1852 Eglwys Rhos efail tywyn (his father was John a Blacksmith and my great/great grandfather, and Ellen his mother). Baptised January 1853.

The above Richard (b.1852) appears on the 1861 census aged 9 years old and then i cannot find out what happened to him after that census. 

Any help with the above ancestors would be much appreciated - thanks in advance.

Sue

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Jones
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 March 14 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Despite some variation in the data,there is good reason to believe that the Richard Jones (c.1853) that you seek is to be found in Dwygyfylchi with his wife Anne(nee Edwards,married 1879) as follows

1881  RG11  5581  107  22  (Plas Isa)

1891  RG12  4671  18  29  (Bell Cottages)

1901  RG13  5286  110  33  (Paradise Crescent)

Regards
Roger

Offline paintedlady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 March 14 00:43 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Roger i shall endeavour to check the information you have offered when i visit my local library where i do most of my research for free!

However, was there any information you could possibly find on the other Richard b 1698 and his father David of Nant, also Jeremy Whitehouse which sounds more like an English name rather than a Welsh one. What do you think?

Thanks.

Sue

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 March 14 08:08 GMT (UK) »
This is not definitive,but "...of Nant..." can sometimes be found under Abergele parish records.

Regards
Roger