Author Topic: Peter Angus Peach (b 1920) and Phyllis Kathleen Rogers or Peach (b 1911)  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Peter Angus Peach (b 1920) and Phyllis Kathleen Rogers or Peach (b 1911)
« on: Wednesday 17 September 14 16:18 BST (UK) »
Peter Angus Peach was born in Scotland on 17 August 1920, son of Benjamin Neeve Peach and Elizabeth Mackenzie Duff. He served in the RAF during the Second World War, and on 12 September 1944 he married Phyllis Kathleen Rogers. She was born on 1 July 1911 in Haldimand, Ontario, daughter of Charles Herman Rogers and Bertha Wilson Gregory.

After the war he completed an MA and PhD in geology at the University of Toronto, and published some papers on geology. He became Professor of Petrology at Brock University, St Catherines, Ontario. He was still there in 1982, but I have no information after that. There is a Peter Peach Memorial Award at Brock University, so it seems likely that he is deceased.

Assuming that both Peter and Phyllis have now passed on, can anyone tell me, please, when and where they died? Or point me at an online obituary or death announcement?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Angus Peach (b 1920) and Phyllis Kathleen Rogers or Peach (b 1911)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 September 14 17:01 BST (UK) »
Hi,

She died Dec 14 1993 in St. Catharine's Ontario.  Her obit says he died in 1989.  I don't see an obit for him yet.  Will PM details. 

RK

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 September 14 17:36 BST (UK) »
Graet stuff, thank you, RK.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 September 14 18:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks to RunKitty, I now have the information I was seeking. Many thanks to RK, another great Rootschatter  :)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 September 14 19:08 BST (UK) »
You are very welcome.  Happy to help :) :) :)

RK