Author Topic: Jane Ann GRIEVE - Alexander PATTERSON - Arbroath  (Read 4293 times)

Offline ED2005

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Jane Ann GRIEVE - Alexander PATTERSON - Arbroath
« on: Thursday 09 January 14 09:43 GMT (UK) »
I wondered if anyone would be kind to see if they can find the marriage for Jane Ann Grieve b 1857 Arbroath, to Alexander Patterson and the names of Alexander's parents. She was the daughter of William Grieve, merchant officer and Margaret Dick. There were 4 children of this marriage that I know of - Jane Ann, William, Margaret and Agnes Miller Grieve. I am also interested in any evidence of William Grieve's (Jane Ann's father) life at sea. He was born Oct 12 1831 and died May 5 1901. Thanks for looking!  :)
Edwards, Grieve, Talbert in Angus and Kincardineshire; Allan, Dundas, Hacket, Milne, Reid in Aberdeen and Orkney; Brock in Thurso and Aberdeen; Rennie in Aberdeenshire to name but a few...

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Ann GRIEVE - Alexander PATTERSON - Arbroath
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 January 14 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,

http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ has an Alexander Patterson / Jane Ann Grieve marriage 1877 Arbroath Angus.
You'll need credits to view the image of the certificate.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline ED2005

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 January 14 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that. I have downloaded the certificate and have a few new leads.
Edwards, Grieve, Talbert in Angus and Kincardineshire; Allan, Dundas, Hacket, Milne, Reid in Aberdeen and Orkney; Brock in Thurso and Aberdeen; Rennie in Aberdeenshire to name but a few...

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 January 14 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Find my Past has Merchant Navy Seamen 1835-1941 records.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0xj0/

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records