Author Topic: pauline louchez  (Read 342 times)

Offline MIKELYNN41

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
pauline louchez
« on: Monday 07 April 14 10:59 BST (UK) »
hi all,i am trying to find details of an ancestor of my brothers wife.the person is "pauline marcelle louchez".she was possibly born in france,but i am not sure.has anyone any ideas about how to look for bmd records in france? i think she may have been born in boulogne or calais.(on her death certificate,according to ancestry.co.uk she was born on 28 january 1896,and died in bristol in december 1983)has anyone any ideas? many thanks in advance.

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: pauline louchez
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 April 14 15:49 BST (UK) »
hi
having looked around all I can find is a Pauline louchez marriage in 1920 to George Edmonds in sunderland  if this is your Pauline has your sis in law got the marriage cert , only from that hopefully you would get her fathers name and occ and may be an idea of where she was born , a very long shot I know but you may get a lead on her .
regards
trevor
morters-cambs-norfolk   clements london    copas newington
went colchester essex    goodey essex -suffolk

Offline MIKELYNN41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 April 14 08:48 BST (UK) »
thank you for your assistance.i have the marriage certificate,but it does not say where she was born-only her residence at the time.i have a suspicion that she may have been born in either boulogne or calais.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 April 14 15:00 BST (UK) »
http://www.geopatronyme.com confirms that the name Louchez is strongly concentrated in Pas de Calais area.  Their records are online here: http://www.archivespasdecalais.fr/

A quick look for Calais and Boulogne-sur-mer showed no birth matching your Pauline.  She may have been born elsewhere in the area but there's no quick way to check.  There are no nation-wide or even department-wide indexes - unless you get lucky and the birth has been transcribed and is online somewhere, the only way is to look up the indexes for the specific town where the person was born.

Do you have the actual death certificate?
What was her father's name and occupation on the marriage certificate?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MIKELYNN41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 April 14 15:29 BST (UK) »
thank you for your reply.i have sent for her death certificate to see if there is any additional information on it.hopefully it may help.

Offline MIKELYNN41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 12 April 14 15:32 BST (UK) »
paulines fathers name was  possibly fileix louchez,a farmer. i do not know anything,other than that.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 April 14 22:44 BST (UK) »
Another thing to look at is what George Edmonds was up to during the war - did he perhaps meet her when he was in the army?

Father's name is probably Félix.  It occurs to me that she could have been born in Belgium, as well.  Did any of her children get given French-sounding names or middle names?

Are you in touch with the wider family? If possible, collate as many family stories as you can - did she have siblings, was there any contact with her family in France/Belgium/wherever after she married George?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MIKELYNN41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 14 April 14 22:47 BST (UK) »
still have to find any children.i left my researches for a bit as my partner was not very well.i will get back to it as soon as i can.many thanks for everyones assistance.