Author Topic: Baymore  (Read 6487 times)

Offline Anne727

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Baymore
« on: Saturday 09 February 13 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I have known for a while that 2x great-granfather was born in Co. Meath, but recently was able to narrow it down to Baymore, which I think might be in Laytown. Can anyone tell me if this is right? Also, how can I figure out what parish and townland this is?
The ancestor would have been born sometime around 1810, give or take a few years, if that makes any difference in the names of the areas.

Thank you for any information that anyone can help me with.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Baymore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 February 13 17:17 GMT (UK) »
The village of  Laytown is right on the border between Co. Meath and Co. Dublin, and in the townland of Ninch. What's the source of the 'Baymore' reference ?

You didn't mention denomination, but dates are probably a little early for parish records. e.g. the average starting date for RC records in rural areas is about 1830

See : Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Anne727

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 February 13 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. The source is his daughter's death certificate which also included specific information about her mother's birthplace. I am hoping that she is the one in the family that remembered this kind of information and passed it on to whomever filled out her death certificate.

I am assuming that he was Catholic at birth. He was buried in a Catholic cemetery in the US and the rest of the family here was all Catholic.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 February 13 17:46 GMT (UK) »
The RC parish for that part of Co. Meath is Stamullen, and baptism and marriage records go back to 1831 and 1830 respectively - so a little to late for someone born 1810.

What's the surname ?

There could be relations still in the area on slightly later records - e.g. Tithes, Griffiths etc..

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Son of Lugh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 17 February 13 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello Anne727 and Shane

Could "Baymore" be Beamore, Co Meath just south of Drogheda?

Sean.
McGee/Magee- Drogheda, Co Louth, Ireland
Kenny, Curran- Termonfeckin, Co Louth, Ireland
Coulter -Co Fermanagh, Ireland
Robinson- Co Tyrone, Ireland

Offline Anne727

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 17 February 13 19:16 GMT (UK) »
Hmm, it could possibly be Beamore, Sean. The daughter who passed the information on was never in Ireland herself, so very likely wouldn't have known the spelling.

Shane, sorry I didn't get back to you before about the name. It's John McAnespey- I've seen lots of spellings, but this is the earliest spelling of it I've seen.  Not sure of date of arrival in US, but a son was born here in 1841, so before then. And he married a girl from England, so I think married here in US.

I'm afraid it's too early a date to find birth records and the family would have been very poor, so likely not much else in records.

Thank you both for your help, I really appreciate it.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 17 February 13 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello Anne727 and Shane

Could "Baymore" be Beamore, Co Meath just south of Drogheda?

Sean.

Beamore sound promising - it seems to be a road located primarily in Lagavooren townland. The older maps (c1890 and 1837) show it as Beymore Rd. in the outskirts of Drogheda see : c1890 OSI Map

My Surname Interests