Author Topic: Trotter Family  (Read 14349 times)

Offline Palaeoclark

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trotter Family
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 August 09 09:00 BST (UK) »
This is all fantastic news and I will look forward to seeing the image. I'm just back from my annual summer leave, but have been following the posts whenever possible. If it is ok, I would like to be able to use an image of the piece in my forthcoming book - assuming it is amber and is likely to be the piece that Dr Robert de Bruce Trotter had in his possession. If the other beads turn up, that would be interesting also.

Thanks for this! :D :D :D

Offline barbaraiminia

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 November 09 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Dear Trotter Kins,

just to complete the posts about the amber bead. ( I have already contacted N.) I am the ggdaughter of Robert de Bruce Trotter, gdaughter of his eldest daughter Maria , and I have a picture of Maria in my possession on which she is wearing the amber bead. ( G. my father Hayo has been in contact with you, but has lost your mail address, if you don't mind please contact him again ).My closer  family has never seen or heard of the amber bead but maybe since Maria and her eldest daughter Helen died very young, the necklace has gone to Carlotta in Canada  (another daughter of Robert de Bruce Trotter).
I am "only" a female descendant of a female  descendant of Robert de Bruce Trotter but would like to hear from other famliy members. I am German (Maria married a German)and live in France.

Barbara

Offline gilest

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 27 December 13 00:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am trying to research Isabella Trotter of Prentonan and would like to find the documents referred to in this post

"I have just finished an 8 year study of the Prentonan Trotters and will print and send it to all relevant libraries and Fam Hist Soc's in Scotland, England, Canada and Australia soon. It covers our history from the first mention in 1066 to today and is 342 pages. It follows the male line but identifies and discusses many of the female lines also."

Does anyone have a copy?

Thanks

Giles Trotter

Offline prentonan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 20 January 14 12:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi gilest, Very little is known about Isabella Trotter of Prentonan c.1415-c.1480 who descends from Sir Alexander Trotter c.1275-1345 "of Fogo and neighbouring parishes. She married her "near cousin" William Trotter of Catchilraw c.1400-c.1465 of Fogo c.1437. They had sons. Sir Alexanders line ended with her, she took his estates and coat of arms into William's family...now of Charterhall & Mortonhall.
Mortonhall records say she was "of the family of Prentannen"...well, yes...but Prentonan did not begin as a named line until 50 years later. She had male kin, (1)George Trotter c.1420-1482 of Fluriswall, Greenlaw. Abour 1450 (1) George married Eliz. Spens c.1430-1500 of Hardens who was heir to Prentonan, Their son (2)George inherited Prentonan in 1487 and soon after resumed Isabella's TROTTER arms as TROTTER OF PRENTONAN. So, Isabella was kin to the Prentonan family, but never "of Prentonan. Hope this helps?
Regards.

Offline veritas2014

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 February 14 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Geo,
I think we are related. My maternal grandmother was Betty Baird Trotter, who married William Ashley deVarre Loftus in 1935 in Geraldton. They had four children, three survived, including my mother Diana Loftus (b. 1937). She had two children, of which I am one. I live in Brisbane. I think I have just found the book you have written and ordered it on inter-library loan. Thank you for the information you have posted.
Angela

Offline Jason leeson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 15 September 19 08:13 BST (UK) »
I am a descendant of Dr. Trotter. I am Fred Trotter's daughter and deBruce Trotter's granddaughter. I live in Canada but my father's grandparents immigrated here from Scotland in the late 1800s I believe. I do not know of the stone you are looking for but would love to hear the tale!
Please contact me as i have a locket that Dr Robert Trotter gave to his Wife Helen after 16 years of Marriage and she was 32 at the time of the picture taken and also has a braided lock of hair in it with inscription and dated 1884

I live in Tasmania, Australia and bought the item from an antique dealer in Queensland

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 15 September 19 14:06 BST (UK) »
I have a very nice leather-bound copy of Dr Robert De Bruce Trotter's "Galloway Gossip!"  very fond of it, a wealth of knowledge!  ;D

Skoosh.