Author Topic: Kingsey parish records.  (Read 3043 times)

Offline flateric999

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kingsey parish records.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 September 13 17:53 BST (UK) »
where is ellesborough?!

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 September 13 17:55 BST (UK) »
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 19 September 13 17:56 BST (UK) »
Ellesborough is a village in Buckinghamshire  two miles from Wendover and five miles from Aylesbury. It isbetween Wendover and Little Kimble. The son of James and Fanny, Henry looks as if he is possily a prisoner in Aylesbury jail in 1851 - place of birth Little Kimble and various trees on A******* have him transported to Western Australia in the early 1850s but nothing on his grandparents.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline flateric999

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 20 September 13 11:23 BST (UK) »
I was thinking of edlesborough. I had a similar issue to yours I eventually found the person I was looking for had been added erroneously to another household. you only found it by lookung at the original. at one stage it appeared he was  tranported.

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 20 September 13 12:05 BST (UK) »
Bucks dialect would pronounce both these places of Ellesborough & Edlesborough as 'Elsbra', and was some times confused with Aylesbury.

My father told me his Grandfather lived at Askett(Monks Risborough, Bucks), but in reality it was Alscott, just on the fringe of Longwick, near Princes Risborough.

It becomes hard when our rellies are 'out of town' in the census, and the enumerator writes as heard.  And usually the question arises..........'Where is that', and answered.......'Near Buckingham(for example), and Buckingham was written as p.o.b on census, or plain Buckinghamshire.

Never easy, innit. ;) ;D

Sorry....hijacked the thread. ::)

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline flateric999

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 20 September 13 15:11 BST (UK) »
edelsborough and ellesborough are two different village. one is near kinble yhe othet near dunstable. both are in bucks. both could be confused.

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 20 September 13 15:36 BST (UK) »
edelsborough and ellesborough are two different village. one is near kinble yhe othet near dunstable. both are in bucks. both could be confused.

I have to say, that where Ellesborough church is sited, is absolutely glorious for it's outlook over the countryside.  Who wouldn't want to get married, or buried there.  It is wonderful.   Combe Hill, overlooking the 'front door', and the beautiful Aylesbury Vale to look over, at the 'back door'.

Glorious. :-*
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/