Author Topic: Chapel of Walshtown????  (Read 11113 times)

Offline kevindef2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Chapel of Walshtown????
« on: Thursday 20 January 11 18:39 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to track down my Great Grand Parents marriage record.  I know they were married 2 October 1877 in Chapel of Walshtown, Termonfeckin, Drogheda, Louth.  I also know it was Catholic.  Could you please point me in the correct direction???  The names of my Great Grand parents were:

Bernard Holdcroft

And

Mary McEvoy

Married 2 October 1877

I do have their marriage certificate, and that is the information from the certificate.  I just can not find Chapel of Walshtown anywhere.  I would like to obtain a copy of the church record if possible.  Any ideas????

Thank you for any help!!!
Kevin
Macken, Holdcroft, Lowe, Rooney, McEvoy, Bolton, Moore

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Chapel of Walshtown????
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 January 11 18:49 GMT (UK) »
The Chapel is shown on the modern and historic OSI maps and marked as St. Peter's R.C. Church on the c1890s map. The townland of Walshestown is located between Clogherhead and Dunleer.

see : Walshestown Chapel

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 January 11 18:55 GMT (UK) »
The RC parish for the area is Clogher, and the records are on film Pos. 5599 in the National Library and ref. MIC.1D/53 in PRONI.

These cover records back to the 1740 for marriages and baptisms. Usually civil certs contain more details than parish records.

Shane    
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline kevindef2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 January 11 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Shane, thank you very much!  As I searching Catholic Churches for Louth, I came across St.Peters RC Church.  I did email them and asked them the same question I asked here.  Have not heard back yet, but I do realize we have a 5 hour difference in time.  Thanks for the help!

Kevin
Macken, Holdcroft, Lowe, Rooney, McEvoy, Bolton, Moore

Offline kiwijo73

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 August 11 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hi, seen your post, my father is a Moore and is family friends to the McEvoys, he is from Ganderstown, Termonfeckin. I have started to research my family tree in Ireland, though having some difficulties at the minute. My Dad is due to go to home on Friday 12th August, perhaps I could pass your information over for him to pass to the McEvoys to see if there is link.

Regards

Jo

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 11 August 11 19:11 BST (UK) »
There were Holdcrofts living on the Galroostown Road on laneway on right (heading towards Piperstown!!), about 100 yds before the railway bridge, Henry went to live in Kellystown, they attended Sandpit school and church.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0elq/ looks like a good contender for your Holdcrofts
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline sav3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 27 August 11 17:51 BST (UK) »
Hi KIWIJO... I may be able to help you with some of your family research as I believe I am related to you via Molly Moore, Ganderstown please feel free to contact me

Offline ejds

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 05 February 12 11:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Sorry to hijack your post but would love to hear any info you have re John and Molly Moore from Ganderstown.

Thanks!

Offline sav3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 05 February 12 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Molly would be my grant aunt she was a johnson before she married, her parents are from clogherhead if you want more information you can email me