Author Topic: Eviction notices.  (Read 1750 times)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: Eviction notices.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 21 August 14 11:08 BST (UK) »
A very interest period when you read into it and recent enough to have lots of information available.
Lots of interesting family stories and communities working together but also stories of families shunned by their neighbours, I had both sides of the coin in my lot so very interesting. My other Great Grandfather was part of that eviction party.

Yes, considering how close family, neighbours and community are in Ireland  there are some very conflicting times in the extreme. Irish history fascinates me :)
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline Erin2012

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 21 August 14 15:55 BST (UK) »
The WDYTYA episode was fascinating!
Keane (Westmeath)
Ledwith (Longford/Westmeath)
Gray (Sligo)
Eustace (Louth)
Frost (Suffolk)
Farrar (Yorkshire)
La Favor/Lefebvre (Quebec)
Mineard/Maynard/Mainard/ Maynord (Wiltshire/Monmouthshire)

Offline noxas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 21 August 14 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Yes the history of these times is both interesting and as mentioned close enough to have plenty of data for reference. It is also very tragic how family's could wind up on differing sides, people at the time may have judged those who chose to work with landlords or the Crown very harshly but as we look back from a more comfortable time and place and with our knowledge of the famine years and poverty of the period it seems to me many men would choose to protect their family's in whatever way they could even if this meant making an outcast of themselves.
Brave or foolish, I would not like to judge as I would not have wanted to endure their way of life.

Regards Diarmuid.
Crowe,Carlow,Ireland
Scully,Carlow,Ireland
Deegan,Carlow,Ireland
DonohueCarlow,Ireland

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 21 August 14 20:46 BST (UK) »
There are some eviction records on Dippam... name of Landlord, Name of Person doing Eviction, Name of Tenant, Reason for eviction
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline noxas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 29 August 14 15:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Hallmark.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, thanks for the link I shall have a look and see what I can find.

Regards Diarmuid.
Crowe,Carlow,Ireland
Scully,Carlow,Ireland
Deegan,Carlow,Ireland
DonohueCarlow,Ireland