Author Topic: John barry listowel  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Johncarrig

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John barry listowel
« on: Sunday 05 October 14 20:27 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone I trying to find out what happened to my great great grandfather john barry I know a lot about him up to a point. I know he was in the British army on and off. His wife was Kate somers also from Listowel they had five kids Michael, john, Margaret, Theresa, Hannah, his wife died in 1913 and his daughter Margaret also died in 1914 at the age of 7. I think he rejoined the army until 1920 but where he went after that no one in my family knows:(:( any help or ideas would be great:):)

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: John barry listowel
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 October 14 17:43 BST (UK) »
If this is the correct John Barry his occupation is  Labourer in the 1911 Census no mention of the British Army.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Kerry/Listowel_Urban/Charles_Street/275114/
and he is not showing at home in the 1901 census.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Kerry/Listowel_Urban/Charles_Street/1423405/

Could he have been in the Army then? Looked for but didn't find any service record for him.
annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline Johncarrig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John barry listowel
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 October 14 17:54 BST (UK) »
Hi annclare ya that's the john Barry. I have all his army papers he was away in India in 1901 and was out of the army by 1911. He join up again at the start of the war he was discharge in 1920 and returned home. I am trying to find where he went then and when he died. Thanks for looking