Author Topic: King/Fletcher - Glos/Wilts/Somerset  (Read 701 times)

Offline spree

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
King/Fletcher - Glos/Wilts/Somerset
« on: Monday 07 July 14 15:45 BST (UK) »
I've been trying to research my family history but have become stuck trying to progress any further than my great-grandmother and wondered if anyone here might have some tips/tricks or further information.

My great-grandmother was Annie E King (born abt: 1914) Westbury, Wiltshire and I think she died around 1999.

From speaking to family and looking at BMDs, I managed to conclude that the names of Annie’s parents were Thomas J King and Margaret A Fletcher (A being Ann but I’m not sure on spelling, it could be Anne/Annie)

They married in 1912 in Long Ashton, Somerset, England. However, according to family, they later divorced and Thomas remarried.

I have no idea when or where either Thomas or Margaret were born or any of their parents’ names making it impossible to research any further back.

Census data is not proving very useful as they married a year after 1911 and therefore probably didn't live together until later.
I've also searched BMDs but cannot conclusively identify Thomas or Margaret because there are people with the same/similar names and I do not know any birth/death dates.

They will most likely have links to the counties of Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and perhaps Somerset.

Any ideas how else I could find more information about Thomas and Margaret?

Thanks for any help

Lee

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: King/Fletcher - Glos/Wilts/Somerset
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 July 14 16:38 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Welcome to RootsChat.  :)

A copy of their marriage certificate (£9.25 from GRO) should show the names and occupation of their fathers, which will help you trace their families.

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk