Author Topic: Sneinton Baptism  (Read 3429 times)

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sneinton Baptism
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 14 August 14 07:32 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I can check the chruch records next time I'm in Nottingham archives for you and also the marriage of Martha Johnson.

Wendy
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline lininberks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 August 14 09:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Wendy, thank you so much for that offer, that would be great, but I do have the certificate for Martha and Edwins marriage (even though he is Edward on the certificate).

However, having a further look on FreeReg last night I noticed this baptism:

http://www.freereg.org.uk/cgi/SearchResults.pl?RecordType=Baptisms&RecordID=6779601&v=MTQwODAwMjkzMjphY2I1MzM1MzIyMzkzMjY0YjQwMDA0NTU4YTg4OWQ2Yjc0MTNkN2M0

which intrigued me as all the details are correct for my Martha, and I wondered if this was her being baptised as an adult, so I would really appreciate it if you could see if there was any more info on this one, as well as Thomas' baptism

(http://www.freereg.org.uk/cgi/SearchResults.pl?RecordType=Baptisms&RecordID=6779345&v=MTQwODAwMjkzMjpkNzFlMjUzNTYxYzIyYTI4NDhlZDdkNGM2Y2M1YTkwMGNiMDczNmYz)

Thanks again

Linda

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 14 August 14 12:29 BST (UK) »
On NFHS the baptisms of 4 children to Edwin & Martha Ann Brown are down as 2 Kings Yard for the abode.
There are 3 baptisms for children of Edwin and Annie Brown. 2 Kings Yard.
1 baptism 1897 to Edwin & Annie abode 8 West Street
1 Baptism to Edwin & Martha Annie abode 8 West St
 Edwin is listed as a painter (house) on all 8. Hope this helps.

There is a burial at Sneinton, St Stephen
1-6-1874 Thomas Alfred Johnson aged 10 months abode Will Mill Hill La. Wonder if this has any significance??
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 14 August 14 13:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda,

Yes I'll have a look for you.  It seems a bit strange for Martha to be christened after she was married!!

Wendy
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline lininberks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 14 August 14 16:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks Wendy - I wouldn't put anything past my lot, I've found it pays to check everything out!

Thanks also Larkspur - Martha Ann seemed to go mostly by the name of Annie, but used any combination of her names on census forms.  I don't think that Thomas Alfred is related but will check it out.  In 1874 Annie was in Broad Street, which is where her Thomas was born.