Author Topic: Henry Davy Rule and Jane Rule-Children Annie and Joseph  (Read 3880 times)

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Henry Davy Rule and Jane Rule-Children Annie and Joseph
« on: Saturday 01 March 14 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Henry Davy Rule ( son of Henry Davy Rule) married Jane Hancock by banns on 4th May 1861 in Illogan.
Henry doesn't appear on any census with her and by 1891 Jane is a widow. They and their children were born in Illogan.
In 1871 Jane age 30 a tin miner's wife is living with her two children - Joseph age 8 and Elizabeth A age 2 in the Illogan district.
 In 1881 Jane Rule married, age 43, is living with her daughter Annie 11 and son Joseph age 17 .Address  is Carn Brea Road.
In 1891 Jane Rule a widow age 50 and her daughter Annie age 22 are living with Jane's sister Sarah Richards in Treskellard .Jane is living on her own means. In 1901 Sarah Richards is still there but no Jane, Joseph or Annie Rule.
I can't find Jane,Joseph or Ann after 1891. As for their father Henry Davy Rule,I have given up on trying to find him. May be he died abroad.
The only death I can find for Henry Davy Rule is 1866 and that is the younger Henry Davy Rule's father.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Davy Rule and Jane Rule
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 March 14 19:26 GMT (UK) »
The only death I can find for Henry Davy Rule is 1866 and that is the younger Henry Davy Rule's father.

When was the younger one born?
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 March 14 19:30 GMT (UK) »
In 1871 Jane age 30 a tin miner's wife is living with her two children - Joseph age 8 and Elizabeth A age 2 in the Illogan district.

In 1871 she is 33

Was Henry a tin miner on the 1861 marriage cert?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 March 14 19:32 GMT (UK) »
In 1851 Henry jnr is shown as Harry Davy Rule aged 13 b Camborne so birthyear c1838
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 March 14 19:43 GMT (UK) »
There's a Jane Rule age 60 born Illogan in Newton Abbot Devon (visitor) in 1901 living on own means but M for married  :-\

The family are Frederick Haywood 31 wife Annie 31 daughter Mary E 3 and son Frederick J 11 months.

I don't suppose Annie could be daughter of Jane could she?  Let's see who Frederick Haywood married just in case!
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 March 14 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Yep seems to be working out  :D

Marriage Jun 1893 Redruth
Frederick Heywood
Annie Rule

and Jane is still with them on the next census.

Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 01 March 14 20:24 GMT (UK) »

In 1871 she is 33

Was Henry a tin miner on the 1861 marriage cert?
Freecen had Jane Rule as 30 years old. Father Henry Davis (Davies) Rule baptised 1812 and his son Henry Davy Rule 1837.
The banns show scant information only the dates of the banns but the marriage date was written on it.
There's a Jane Rule age 60 born Illogan in Newton Abbot Devon (visitor) in 1901 living on own means but M for married  :-\
The family are Frederick Haywood 31 wife Annie 31 daughter Mary E 3 and son Frederick J 11 months.
I don't suppose Annie could be daughter of Jane could she?  Let's see who Frederick Haywood married just in case!
I had a look at the familysearch.org marriage certificates for Illogan and Annie Rule age 23 marries Frederick Heywood he works for the railway. Her father is Henry Rule and he is alive. So I don't know why Jane put widow in 1891.
Still don't know what happened to Henry Rule.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 01 March 14 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Her father is Henry Rule and he is alive.

He may not have been alive.  Father's names weren't always noted as deceased even if they were.  Jane says widow again by 1911 so maybe widow in 1891 was a mistake  :-\
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Davy Rule and Jane Rule -children Annie and Joseph
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 02 March 14 16:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Millipeded.
1911 says Jane is a widow. I can't find a death for her husband anywhere, so he probably died abroad.
Joseph Rule who was 17 in 1881 disappears.