Author Topic: MI's for Denbigh Churches  (Read 4951 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: MI's for Denbigh Churches
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 March 14 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Of little relevance to you, David, but one of my main lines is Parry - my grandmother was a Sarah Parry (her mother was a Jones)  - but they weren't the Llangollen ones.  They were forgemen.

As you would know, Parry is very common in Denbighshire (and Wales!) so we have to be very careful. I'm not sure if your Edward is the correct one. Unfortunately the marriage entry of Sarah and Edward says very little apart from that they  were both otp, which means very little apart from the 3 week requirement.

Does Sarah's will say anything about her being a 'widow of......' ?

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline dmjones

• RootsChat Member
  • A little courtesy can win a lot of respect.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 March 14 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Gadget
No, it just says widow.
I also have my doubts about Edward Parry, that's why I'm trying different angles to identify him. I'm not even sure the one buried in Denbigh is of the family, maybe Sarah (and Mary) moved to Denbigh after his demise. I assume certificates for BMDs came into force following the Civil Registration Act of 1837. Before this date would there have been any record made of the parents of the Bride and Groom in Parish Marriage Registers?  I'm thinking maybe I should research Mary's 1832 marriage in Denbigh.
David
Jones, Lewis, Jandrell, George, Price, Lloyd, Cupper (Cuper), Vaughan, Grant, Wheldon

Denbighshire, Shropshire, Montgomeryshire, Radnor, Powys, NZ, North Yorks

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 March 14 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Gadget
No, it just says widow.
I also have my doubts about Edward Parry, that's why I'm trying different angles to identify him. I'm not even sure the one buried in Denbigh is of the family, maybe Sarah (and Mary) moved to Denbigh after his demise. I assume certificates for BMDs came into force following the Civil Registration Act of 1837. Before this date would there have been any record made of the parents of the Bride and Groom in Parish Marriage Registers?  I'm thinking maybe I should research Mary's 1832 marriage in Denbigh.
David

The only records would be the parish record entries and the copies from them that were sent to the Bishop every quarter (BTs). 

When did Sarah and Mary become housekeepers for the Jones family - maybe that's an angle that's worth exploring. 

Did Sarah mention anyone else in her will?

Also, maybe search for the Edward Parry, Denbigh to see if he married someone else - that could prove it wasn't him.

I'm not as familiar with the Denbigh records as I am with the Llangollen and surrounding areas (Chirk, Ruabon, Corwen, etc) .

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline dmjones

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Gadget, I have been otherwise occupied for the past couple of weeks.
I would say Sarah and Mary were Housekeepers for Ellis Jones from at least 1825 (when he gave the family bible to Mary) up to his death in 1835.
Regarding other names mentioned in Sarah’s Will (1847) apart from her daughter Mary and husband John Jones of Llysfasi (where she was then living) other names are the witnesses: Owen Griffiths of Ty Isa, Llanfair DC and Robert Edwards of Tyn y Caeau, Ruthin. The executors of the Will were Edward Wynne of Llantysilio Hall (although I cannot find a record of him living there) and John Humphreys of Berse Ucha near Wrexham.

David
Jones, Lewis, Jandrell, George, Price, Lloyd, Cupper (Cuper), Vaughan, Grant, Wheldon

Offline dmjones

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: MI's for Denbigh Churches (Completed)
« Reply #13 on: Friday 28 March 14 18:40 GMT (UK) »
I think I have found the information I have been looking for.
So for anyone else who might be researching this line, here it is: From Denbigh Parish records 17th Dec 1800, birth of Mary, daughter of Thomas Parry (Hair Dresser) and his wife Sarah. 19th Oct 1801, death of Thomas Parry (Hair Dresser) aged 32.
Thank you to all who gave assistance.
David

Offline cerip23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 21 August 14 19:29 BST (UK) »
Hi,

St Thomas's is the blue church on Vale Street and does not have a cemetery, neither does st mary's.

There are only 2 cemeteries in Denbigh and they are at Whitchurch and Ystrad Road near the high school
OSSOP, HOPE, GEGGIE, PEARCE, PIERCE, PIEARCE, DABRY, PLUSE, EDAWRDS, TUDUR/TUDOR, VAUGHAN, YEOMANS, LOGAN