Author Topic: Parrotts of patrington/patrington haven  (Read 41242 times)

Offline sunk island

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parrotts of patrington/patrington haven
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 03 November 10 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Sharon

I also have a copy of the census books for 1851 and 1871 for patrington an district. I got the from the east yorkshire family history society. If u need anything from these Parrotts or not please ask.

Steph x
clark, croft, parrott, watson, kirkwood, best, westmorland, langdale, burgess, patrick, button, bristow,wake, markham, garlick, oxtoby, laceby, cully, petch, coupland, holliday, fewson, munbie,

Offline smike968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 04 November 10 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi, As sootybear mentioned I'm also related through the same link as she is (technically I think she's my 2nd cousin)

3xGGparents Jane Parrott (1826-1863) m Robert Bielby (1830-?)
2xGGparents Francis Bryan Bielby (1853-1932) m Mary Jane Wise (1855-1874) and m Maria Willingham (1853-1933)

We do seem to have a lot of Parrott links. Two marriages and my dad recalls living next door to a family called Parrott when he was young (late 30's) in Hull.

I've been trying to trace the Bielby line back as far as I can but that's dried up at Richard, Robert's father.

Just joined, I'll get back with some more in a little while.

Offline smike968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 05 November 10 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Ok, so a little more on the history. Mary Bryon (spelt various ways) marries Richard Bielby in 1825 in Burton Agnes and has 2 boys, Brian (1826 Haisthorp) and Robert (1830 Rudston). In 1833 Richard dies (Rudston) and in 1841 Mary marries a Richard Tennison in Brid. The next I found was Mary living with the 2 boys in Patrington - the 1851 census has her as a shepherds wife, although no record of the husband.  I did find a record of a death cert. for a David Tennison of Patrington in 1849.

From the census records it would seem that there were several Bielby and Parrott families living on Haven Side during the 1840's and 50's. Robert and Jane presumably met there - they married in Mar 1853, their eldest son Francis was born in April 1853. Clearly a story there!

Some time after the family moved to Hull as recorded by the 1861 census where Jane dies in 1863.

I presume that the silting up of the Haven would have caused may families to move to the "big city" to look for work in the 1850's.

Offline clivealbert

• RootsChat Senior
  • First meeting with granddaughter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 11 November 10 02:14 GMT (UK) »
 Hi,As it is raining in sunny OZ, I have borrowed my sons laptop,Sootybear,you have William Parrot and Elizabeth Crumpt, I have Elizabeth Crump.
James Parrot lost his fishing smack in the great storm of 1883.
Brian Bielby and Sarah, my2x gt grandparents both died in Charterhouse 1909 &1912.
smike968,ihave more on the But as i am in OZ, do not have my tree or notes at hand,unless my son can find the back up disk I gave him.
Ihave William Parrot 1735 on Howden.
Best Wishes Clive
marshall, reynolds ,cockayne, parrot ,friend,hayman.bielby,carr,Dobbs,Jeffries,Dear,Spink,Henshaw,Crump

Offline sootybear

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 11 November 10 03:06 GMT (UK) »
Clive,
If you are going to Adelaide, please let me know as I can meet up with you. 
Sootybear
Wards, Bressay, Shetland Islands.
Swift, Lincolnshire, East Riding of Yorkshire.
Bielby, East Riding of Yorkshire.
Nixon/Hancock, Lincolnshire.
Tyson, Lincolnshire.
Parrott/Finch, Yorkshire

Offline kath davis

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 11 November 10 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Parrotts - what a lot of you!
Just checking - I have a Helen or Ellen Parrot abt 1816-1848, she married John Franklin in 1841, Caistor district of Lincolnshire - I suppose she could have crossed the Humber - ring any bells?
Kath
Davis - Worcestershire
Dobson - Bucks/Essex
Longfield - Yorkshire/Newcastle
Franklin - Lincs/Yorks border
Exelby - Yorkshire
Chapman - Cambridgeshire
Aitken - Fife/Lincolnshire
Harrison - Yorkshire
Palfreman - Yorkshire

Offline sootybear

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 12 November 10 02:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kath,

I have just looked in my tree, and I don't have Ellen/Helen Parrott in what I have so far  :(   One of the others might have her in their tree.  All my Parrotts are from Yorkshire.

Sharon
Tyson, Lincolnshire.
Parrott/Finch, Yorkshire

Offline sootybear

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 12 November 10 02:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello again peoples!  :D

Clive - Maybe we should try to find out a bit more on Elizabeth Crump (t), don't know where, but as records are coming online daily, I am hoping one day it will happen!!!

Mike - I have Brian Bielby as 1825 Burton Agnes, so Clive ... help!!
 David Tennison was in Sunk Island on the night of the 1851 census, working as a shepherd.  He died in 1855 in Patrington.  We need to find where Mary Bryan was in the 1841 census, this would have been just before she married David.  The children were not with her as Robert was in Thwing working as an Agricultural Labourer and Brian was in Rudston as a servant (I think that is what the letters on the census mean).
As for Robert and Jane Bielby, I bet there is a story there!!!
I am still trying to find record of Robert's death, to no avail so far.  It would have been between 1881 & 1891 in Hull maybe, unless he went back 'home ' to Patrington.

I have Ancestry and Find My Past subscriptions, so if any of you need me to look up anything, please let me know.

Sharon.
Tyson, Lincolnshire.
Parrott/Finch, Yorkshire

Offline smike968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 12 November 10 07:20 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sharon, that's interesting about David T, I hadn't found him.

I didn't manage to find Mary either. I did check for Richard's birth in Ottringham as Mary lived close to an Ottringham born Bielby in Patrington, of a similar age to Richard - Could have been a brother? - but I didn't find any records. Ultimately another trip to the archive I guess.