Author Topic: Gladsmuir Haddington  (Read 9922 times)

Offline simpsonsaga

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gladsmuir Haddington
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 13 July 13 08:48 BST (UK) »
many thanks for the reply on Robert Simpson and margaret Myles but after researching after such a long time on George Simpson and Ann Myles and therefor their children it turned out that my ancestor Peter Simpson father was Andrew Simpson and Elizabeth Paxton who was a sawyer in Galadsmuir so unless George Simpson was a brother of Andrew Simpson they are not related to me.My fault completely as one should never take other peoples info as gospel.I take this opportunity to add that anymore info on Gladsmuir on the family of Andrew Simpson and Elizabeth Paxton would be more than welcome as i have drwn a blank on the Paxtons and also the Simpsons.
       Kay Simpson(direct descendant of Andrew Simpson)

Offline simpsonsaga

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 01 August 13 15:43 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I have downloaded death certificate of Peter Simpson, widower of Marian Dickson, he was aged 73 on 6th November 1880, (so DOB approx. 1807) He was a French Polisher, which agrees with census details. His parents were Andrew Simpson(Sawyer) and Elizabeth Paxton. The certificate was signed by his son, Andrew, who I don't think he knew his late grandmothers first name.

From FreeReg,
County                 East Lothian
Place                         Gladsmuir
Church                 Gladsmuir
RegisterNumber   
DateOfBirth         16 Feb 1807
BaptismDate         09 Mar 1807
Forename                  Peter
Sex   M
FatherForename          Andrew
MotherForename          Mary
FatherSurname          SIMPSON
MotherSurname          PAXTON
Abode                  Henmuir
FatherOccupation   Labourer
Notes   
FileNumber   20652

Tom

Offline simpsonsaga

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 01 August 13 15:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,wondering if you could once again help me.I have downloaded on Peter Simpson born in Gladsmuir 1807 and death in Edinburgh,also i have downloaded marriage of Andre Simpson and Elizabeth(Paxton) or could it be Baxter.Elizabeth being from Pencaitland East lothian,i can only find 2 Baxters and 2 Paxtons on scottishpeople and am wondering if Pancaitland also goes under different name. Glad of any help.
Kay Simpson

Offline mamad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 01 August 13 18:21 BST (UK) »
Hello Kay,

Have a look at this link - Saltoun and Bolton Church. It also has information re Pencaitland.

ndhm.org.uk/

I have a Jean Paxton married to Peter Winton at Saltoun in 1790. Unfortunately, cannot find their deaths. However, the good news is that the minister at Pencaitland gave extra information at baptisms and marriages e.g. witness at baptism or marriage would show the relationship - uncle to the child, brother of the bride. I have been able to make links using the information given.

Mags