Author Topic: Bolton upon dearne  (Read 7847 times)

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Bolton upon dearne
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 05:59 BST (UK) »
I'm busy working at the moment but you must tell us more about what you are doing and where you are living these days.

Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline John_L

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 06:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Denn,
yeah it's a long time mate; a very long time.
Probably the last time I met I was nought but a we bairn, probably at BoD?
Not sure where to start really....
I'm living in Singapore presently with my wife. This is the second time we've lived here, previously it was between 1992 and 2001 when we had the kids with us. I wasn't aware that you lived in Perth. A bugger really since we used to go to Hillary's Boat Harbour at Joondalup for holidays on a regular basis. We know Australia quite well.
I was also in Chile for a couple of years and for the past 22 years I've worked overseas in the Americas, Oz, NZ, Europe and of course Sinagpore.

Details of living people removed in accordance with our 'no living people' policy

I've got 2 sons 29 and 27, both of whom are in the UK now. One living and working in London, soon to get married to an Irish girl, and the other living in our family home in Burton on Trent. At my cost! Though he is working.

We're here for a while but I'm looking for another job. A bit bored with this one.

It would be good to continue the chat but like you I'm in the middle of a day at work.

I'm also new to this chat forum, or any other for that matter, and to the family tree stuff. Would it be easier to exchange by email?

Speak soon.

Regards,

JL

Offline Carriew1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 23:46 BST (UK) »
So lovely to see more of the ford family tree!! I used to love Auntie Nellie!! Haven't seen Beryl in years and same with Katherine! Think the last time I saw her was when we were still at school!! Haven't heard from Uncle Jimmy in ages. Please send him my love. I'm Fred's daughter btw :)

Offline Andy05

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 16 August 15 12:06 BST (UK) »
Hi All, my name is Andy O'Sullivan, I live in Worksop and I am acting on behalf of my mother.  She has recently applied to South Yorkshire adoption team for any details about her birth father.  This week she received the information that her birth father is a chap called Fred Ford from South Yorkshire.

I have done a small search on google and found a few things, one being this thread, hence the message.

My mothers mum was Joan Hindley who lived in Edlington.  Mum was born in 1952. 

I am wondering if the Fred Ford mentioned is relevant to my mum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andy

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 16 August 15 21:44 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat, Andy.

As you have read this thread you must be aware that living people cannot be discussed, so could you confirm that this is the Fred Ford that you may be interested in?

Births March quarter 1930 
Fred Ford  (Baines)     Doncaster    9c   1188

probably corresponding to this death
Fred Ford  born 13th January, 1930
death registered April quarter 1993  aged  63
Registration district  Barnsley
Register Number    A14B             District and Subdistrict    0411A          Entry Number   105,

Offline Andy05

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 16 August 15 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The only information that we have is a name.  I have searched the name Fred Ford.  Thus far the Fred Fords that I have found is as follows:

This thread (and related threads).
An Article in The Sheffield Star regarding a WWII Veteran
A death notice in the Sheffield Star

All 3 Fred Fords have different ages and would be between 80 and 90 years old now.

So in answer to your question, I couldn't tell you any other details apart from a name as the adoption papers that my mother has only has a name, no address or anything.  My mother was adopted by her step-father in 1958/59 so the information really is vague.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 22 August 15 00:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy,

There is a possibility that my uncle Fred may be who you are looking for, but then again maybe not, however I have sent an email to Carriew1 to see if she may be able to throw any light on it.

Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline Carriew1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 28 September 15 14:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy. If I can help I will :) can you email me the details you have please. My email address is (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php