Author Topic: Park - Robertson  (Read 2922 times)

Offline Parzer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Park - Robertson
« on: Sunday 03 April 11 12:01 BST (UK) »
I would like to hear from anyone who is researching Robert Park b. Strichen about 1762 and his wife Catherine Robertson, b. about 1765 Lonmay.
They had 2 sons in OPR, William, b. 1797 and Robert, b. 1803. I believe they had Janet, b. 1795 and Margaret, b. 1799 and possibly others not recorded.

I would appreciate any information on this family.

Offline AussieSearcher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Park - Robertson
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 April 14 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,

My husband's grandmother was a Park and we have traced her family back to Lonmay. Not as far back as you have in your post but I wonder if they are in the same family.

I have William Park being born in Lonmay in 1827. He married Ann Duncan at Slaines Dec 1856, and they have 9 children being born between 1856 and 1871 - The eldest is called Robert Duncan which, given also the location, makes me wonder if this family are descendant of your Robert Park

Offline Parzer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 April 14 01:00 BST (UK) »
AussieSearcher
Thanks for your posts, not having had any response in the last 2 years, it was nice to receive some interest. I have researched many William Park's from 1800-1850 in the Strichen area and can link some but not others. My line seems to originate in Strichen and the only link I have to Lonmay is Catherine Robertson who married Robert Park (I believe to be a son of an Alexander Park from Strichen) and they were crofters in the New Deer area.

Seems like you might have more of a connection with Lawrie

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 April 14 13:20 BST (UK) »
"not having had any response in the last 2 years"

While meandering through the posts, I came across your previous 2011 one. Your post left me slightly confused.

"my Great Great Grandfather Andrew Park born Strichen 1830 for many years. His Marriage Certificate indicates his parents were Fraser Park and Margaret McKenzie."

You then state "My research finds Fraser married Elspet King in 1828"

To clarify, since I am getting old and dopey, was Elspet King, Fraser's second wife?

Regards

Malky

Offline Parzer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 28 April 14 07:29 BST (UK) »
Malky
We may be getting old but you seem to understand my predicament. I have Andrew Park's marriage and death certificate, both events occurring in Australia. These documents indicate his mother was Margaret McKenzie. The only relevant information from the OPR from the relevant period is the marriage of Fraser Park to Elspet King. I have not been able to link a Margaret McKenzie to the Park family and conclude that as Andrew was orphaned in 1832 and emigrated to Australia in 1854 when he was 24, he may not have known who his mother was. I have no information to indicate there were 2 marriages.

Regards