Author Topic: Birth in Pen y groes llanllyfni 1927  (Read 3493 times)

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth in Pen y groes llanllyfni 1927
« on: Wednesday 17 September 14 19:41 BST (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can help with a look up for a birth in Pen y groes Llanllyfni in 1927.  My subject's birth place and date in his passport are given as Pen y groes in Jul 1927 (and family knowledge of his age agrees with that).  However, he does not appear in any BMD register that I can find.  Because he is still living I shall not give his name and we would need to correspond via PM.  Here's hoping.
MaxD

Hope I've got the Welsh correct!
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Birth in Pen y groes llanllyfni 1927
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 September 14 23:22 BST (UK) »
Any registered birth for that year would be on freebmd.  If you are asking for somebody to look for an actual birth cert - members of the public do not have access to that info.

If he is still living - is he able to supply you with his parents names and mothers maiden name which may help in any search.

Did his mother marry before his birth?  If he was illegitimate - could his birth be registered under his mothers maiden name?

If she then married - he may have taken his stepfathers surname

The registration district for 1927 was Carnarvon (later changed to Caernarvon)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline MaxD

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 September 14 19:26 BST (UK) »
Thank you CaroleW.  Apologies for the belated reply, computer went on the fritz immediately after my post, just back from the magic fingers man.

I could have worded it better.  I had already checked FreeBMD for all quarters after his dob, in the year and the year after, in Carnarvon and likely neighbouring districts - no result with all combinations of initials or with his mother's maiden name.  Father's name follows his lineage.  Can't get his birth cert without a reference of course. 
I think I was hoping for someone with knowledge of families there to volunteer local knowledge. 

May have reached the proverbial brick wall, it is his mother, who is equally untraceable, that we are trying to find.  No help that all share the commonest of Welsh names.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 21 September 14 19:36 BST (UK) »
You would have to ring the GRO and check this but it looks as though they will do a search for you if you have his full DoB, place and parents names.  He may have to apply himself but you can check that when you ring

This is from their website so it looks a possibility

www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Q4. If I don’t have the index reference number what will happen?
If you do not have the GRO index reference you may still apply online for any event which took place on or after 1st July 1837 to 6 months from the current date (for marriages this period is extended to 18 months) provided you have sufficient information to identify the entry. A 3 year search for the index reference will be carried out. You should supply the exact date of event if you have it. If you don't have the exact date, enter 01/01/YYYY and we will search the specified year and one year either side. If you do not provide an index reference number, your application will take up to 15 working days to process.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline MaxD

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 21 September 14 20:01 BST (UK) »
That's very helpful, thank you.  We'll give it a go.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk