Author Topic: Mary Margaret Joan Dickinson - Canada  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Kerrynkeys

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Margaret Joan Dickinson - Canada
« on: Sunday 26 October 14 01:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am searching for any information on Mary Margaret Joan Dickinson born 11 March 1934 in Montreal Canada. 

Her parents were Eleanor Joan Sim (known as Joan Sim) and George Horace Dickinson.  George was not present at the baptism in St Patricks church Montreal.  George and Eleanor seperated/divorced around this time and George remarried Lillian...(am not looking for information on 2nd marriage)

What I know -

Eleanor Joan Sim born Lancashire 1900 and died 1/5/1979 in Montreal, and was buried in a poor grave at mount royal cemetery in Montreal. Prior to her death she lived in Goyer St montreal.  We haven't been able to find any futher information on Eleanor Joan basically from her marriage in 1927 at Francois Lake to George Horace until the birth of her daughter and then the next thing we found was her death.  What happened in all those years I do not know.

George died in 1989 and was buried in  beechwood cemetery, prior to death he was in the Rideau veterans home.  His 2nd wife Lillian is also buried in the same cemetery.

I am after any information about Mary Margaret Joan Dickinson, marriage, death, address,  Any information will be gratefully received

I have also had searches on Ancestry.com and all the researchers on there have been so helpful finding Eleanor and George.  I am putting this on roots chat in the hope maybe someone else who knows something my get back to me (cover all basis)

Thank you so much for reading this and hopefully together we may fill in some gaps

Kerryn Keys
Australia ;)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Margaret Joan Dickinson - Canada
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 October 14 13:30 GMT (UK) »
If she was born in 1934 - there is a possibility she may still be alive in which case no info can be posted about her
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Kerrynkeys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 October 14 21:41 GMT (UK) »
thanks for that.  Eleanor was my dads half sister and I am trying to find out if she is alive or dead.  my home email address is (*)
thanks 

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline JDC

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Passed away 26th June 2022.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 October 14 15:13 GMT (UK) »
hi Kerry,

Do you know of any descendants that would be able to help you -either in Canada or Australia - they may be able to help?  Another avenue to look into are newspaper notices for marriages and obits for Montreal and area. The marriage registration restriction for Canada I think is 1930 at the moment - however would be available to recent times in newspaper notices. You may see something helpful  in the Canada411 (white pages) website. You could write a letter to those people you think are relevant to your Mary. You can also look in the Drouin information for the Province of Quebec, I believe this in in Ancestry and Familysearch sites. You can make inquiries at the local cemetery administrations as well.

Hope this helps.

JDC
Carpenter - B'ham Warwick,
Cole - Devon
Coy - Germany
Langmaid - Cornwall & Hants
Rayment - Herts & Kent
Holt - ? England

Offline Kerrynkeys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 01:53 GMT (UK) »
thanks for that advice,  I have been seeking help through Ancestry,  which is how I found there was a daughter, There isn't any other relations who can help with this as no one knew she existed until 2 weeks ago.  I will try what you suggested

Thanks again Kerryn

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 07 December 14 01:57 GMT (UK) »
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Kerrynkeys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 07 December 14 03:33 GMT (UK) »
thanks everyone I have found my first cousins

Offline JDC

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Passed away 26th June 2022.