Author Topic: Patrick Sullivan  (Read 9195 times)

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Sullivan
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 May 14 05:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sean,

Quite a few options there to choose from..I still am not sure which one might be the parents of my Maria Margaret Sullivan Fitzgibbons

I found a brother to Kate- John: Name: John Fitzgibbon Date of Baptism / Birth: 20/05/1846  Address: ? Parish / District: BULGADEN  Gender:  Unknown County Co. Limerick    Denomination: Roman Catholic  Father: James Fitzgibbon Mother: Margaret Sullivan  Occupation:    Sponsor 1 /  ----------------------

also a sister Margaret:Name: Margaret Fitzgibbon Gender: Female Baptism/Christening Date: Baptism/Christening Place: Birth Date: 24 Jul 1864 Birthplace: 0351,KILMALLOCK,LIMERICK,IRELAND  Father's Name: James Fitzgibbon Father's Birthplace: Father's Age: Mother's Name: Mary Sullivan Mother's Birthplace: Mother's Age: Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C70123-6 System Origin: Ireland-ODM Source Film Number: 101094 Reference Number:
-----------------------------

It appears perhaps the family moved from Bulgaden to Killamock..The Quain/Quaid were also from Killamock ..

I dont know if this helps or not.. I did see several Fitzgibbons and Sullivans living as neighbours in Bulgaden on the Griffiths map too..

Just guessing though..but I assume the witnesses to the wedding of Maria Margaret & James being Catherine Sullivan had to be a sister or her mother??

I am not much help I am afraid :(

Jila

Offline Cymrusean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 20 May 14 04:42 BST (UK) »
hi Jila,

In my humble opinion the best options are either 2 or 3. The Irish often moved between parishes and the because Maria was married in Bulgaden, she might have easily been born in an adjacent parish.

You could look for the possible fathers in the Tithe Applotments Books for Limerick. These were created between 1826- 1832.

Sean

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 May 14 05:09 BST (UK) »
The Bruff area is very possibly..My grandmother said we were related to the Kennedy family - I assumed it was on the William Quain/Quaid (bn 1811) side as his wife was Nellie (Ellen)Fitzgerald .

However I guess it could have been on the Fitzgibbons side? As I have been told that the Fitzgeralds and Fitzgibbons are all connected anyway.

My grandma also said a brother named Patrick stayed in Ireland and had about 12 or 13 kids- all with red hair..I again assumed it was a brother on the Quain/Quaid side but could very well have been on the Fitzgerald or Fitzgibbons side ?

One more story was that there was a big estate that was to be distributed many years ago- our family was missed out as no one could find them at the time I believe this estate went to Rose Kennedys father.

My g- grandfather John Joseph Quaid was born in Crean- near Bruff- about Dec 1869- parents were William and Kate (Fitzgibbons) Quaid/Quain..Kate's father =James 

I am not sure if any of this helps or not ?

Jila

Offline Cymrusean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 20 May 14 20:21 BST (UK) »
Jila,

Interesting stories. You seem to have a lot of information, you might want to consider contacting a professional genealogist to help you work through the possibilities. I am afraid it's beyond me.

Sean

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 05 February 15 23:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank-you..As you can see I dont get to this site often enough..Just wanted to thank-you so much :)

I do not know the area very well but I think Bruff, Crean Bulgaden or Fedamore would be the closest matches.

I know William Quaid married Kate Fitzgibbon(s) in 3 Feb 1867- Kates father =James Fitzgibbon(born 1826) Kate was born in 8 Jan 1841- but I think the record I found for James & Maria Margaret 's marriage was Feb 1841-so I am not sure if it is correct?

I found a possible death for Mary Fitzgibbon (s)- but again not sure it is correct? Name: Mary Fitzgibbons Event Type: Death Event Date: Jul - Sep 1880 Event Place: Croom, Ireland Registration Quarter and Year: Jul - Sep 1880 Registration District: Croom Age: 55 Birth Year (Estimated): 1825 Mother's Maiden Name: Volume Number: 5 Page Number: 163 GS Film number: 101590 Digital Folder Number: 004200672 Image Number: 00204

Jila