Author Topic: Brennan/Traynor/Mulligan  (Read 12581 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Brennan/Traynor/Mulligan
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 November 13 09:00 GMT (UK) »
You're likely aware that until around 1861 in Ireland, there were few official records kept of Irish marriages and births under British rule.  My brother found this out while doing his research, based mostly on what he could find in the Irish Civil Records files kept in the Mormon Family History Center in New York.

Civil registration of births, deaths and Catholic marriages began in 1864 (from 1845 for non-Catholic marriages). The civil registration index (up to 1958, for N.I. counties to 1921) is now online (free) along with other Irish databases-
https://familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1&countryId=1927084
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline QueenG

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 November 13 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello BrewBren,
Many thanks for your post. I does look like we are cousins. I have not had time recently to attend to the tree. I will check where I got Sheila Brennan from. I am possibly wrong there.
By any chance are you related to Doug on ancestry.com ? We exchanged some interesting messages last year.
Best Wishes
QueenG AKA Gráinne.

Offline BrewBren

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 November 13 23:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello QueenG-Glad to see that my information was helpful and interesting to see that we're related! I take it that you're from the Mary Alice line of Brennans? 

I'm heading to Ireland for a few weeks tomorrow (Nov. 16) and plan on visiting the Monaghan County area where George and Mary farmed, and where all of our relatives originated.  I don't know if there are many of our family line still in this area; my younger brother who did this research was just out there again this summer, and he couldn't locate any more Brennans who were descendents of Denis Brennan's siblings who remained after he came to the U.S.  If I find out anything new about these relationships, I'll post them here. 

Regards

Offline QueenG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 16 November 13 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi BrewBren.
I am Mary Alice Traynor( Brennan) 's great grandaughter and I live in Dublin , Ireland. My mother is still alive and has many happy memories of her Granny. My mother's mother was also Mary Alice and she married Bernard Leonard. My mother says her Granny , mother and father ( Leonard) are all buried in Tullycorbet.  I lhope you enjoy your trip.
Best wishes
Grainne

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 16 November 13 16:00 GMT (UK) »
It's lovely when relatives are re-united here on Rootschat but we aren't allowed to post email addresses (it is explained in Help pages under Posting Guidelines) so you'll need to review your post here and remove that. Once you have 3 posts you can use the PM (Personal Message) system to exchange recent family details, email address, etc.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline QueenG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 20 November 13 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi BrewBren,
I hope you are enjoying your trip to Ireland. Post one more message here on this thread and your PMs will be activated. I can then PM you my email address , if you wish

Regards

QueenG