Author Topic: easy enough for the right person - Daniel Baldock  (Read 7383 times)

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: easy enough for the right person - Daniel Baldock
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 21 December 14 01:56 GMT (UK) »
I'm sorry your feelings where hurt Carolyn, but I think in fairness, Mark thought he was talking to me and I'm sure intended no offence.

Just a simple case of mistaken identity.

Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 21 December 14 11:23 GMT (UK) »
You hit the nail on the head...... yes it was being told you must be bored ha ha, like you know a lot of eyestrain and effort and time goes into doing restorations, plus we do it out of the goodness of our own hearts.

Photograph restoration takes many hours, often being made difficult because some of the photographs posted are is such a sorry state. All the photograph restorers try their best to make any improvements they can because they know often that these photographs mean so much to the poster.

We very much try to keep RootsChat friendly and polite, maybe a little more consideration should be given when posting.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Niksmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Bermuda 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 21 December 14 14:22 GMT (UK) »
One from me

Irene
Buckinghamshire-Babbs<br />Somerset-Smith<br />Woolwich-Elliott<br />London-Elliott, Hare,Baker

Restorers please do NOT use any restores done by me without my permission

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 21 December 14 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mark

Just want to point out that we are in fact two different people!  I am CAROLINE (Cazza59) with the Manchester  United photo. I live in Queensland, Australia that "spoke" to you originally and requested the better scans, which you then said you would be able to get.

CAROLYN (Saddles) is the person that later posted and removed her work.  Carolyn lives in Western Australia, which accounts for why we often post around the same.

We have been confused in the past, so all in all, an honest mistake to make on your part, particularly being new to the board.   I guess from now on to avoid further confusion, I will sign off as Caz.

Anyway, I look forward as per my original posting and your response in saying that you would be posting better scans as soon as you have seen your Dad.  ;)

Cheers
Caroline AKA Caz   :) :) :)

PS  My daughter uses "ha ha"  all the time to let me know she's having a joke!  ;)

Very confused by it all, I write haha instead of lol coz it's very over used by all these "kewl kidz" who must take every possible great thing in this world and use it and use it until it's lost all meaning. So is there a way to block on this site? I don't have time for arguments and I shouldn't have to explain myself to anyone, should be as simple as if I like something, I like it. If I don't, then I don't. simple. Right?

Mark,

People put a lot of time and effort in to restoring a treasured picture for someone.  In can take many hours in some cases to repair or enhance a picture.  The end result is usually dependent on the quality of the scan and the damage to the picture.  Sometimes when I post a restored picture I am happy with the result and at other times, not so happy.  It Is great to hear from the poster when they are pleased with the picture as it makes it all worthwhile.  You post says if "If you don't like it, then you don't.  Simple.  Right."

May I suggest that if you don't like it, then it is better to keep it to yourself, rather than hurt someones feelings who has gone to a lot of time and effort for you.

Having also had a go at your picture, the comment which you made (in bold above) has certainly put me off posting it.

Steve

**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline Markii

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 21 December 14 22:54 GMT (UK) »
One from me

Irene

Thank you Irene :) looks really good.

Offline Markii

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 21 December 14 23:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mark

Just want to point out that we are in fact two different people!  I am CAROLINE (Cazza59) with the Manchester  United photo. I live in Queensland, Australia that "spoke" to you originally and requested the better scans, which you then said you would be able to get.

CAROLYN (Saddles) is the person that later posted and removed her work.  Carolyn lives in Western Australia, which accounts for why we often post around the same.

We have been confused in the past, so all in all, an honest mistake to make on your part, particularly being new to the board.   I guess from now on to avoid further confusion, I will sign off as Caz.

Anyway, I look forward as per my original posting and your response in saying that you would be posting better scans as soon as you have seen your Dad.  ;)

Cheers
Caroline AKA Caz   :) :) :)

PS  My daughter uses "ha ha"  all the time to let me know she's having a joke!  ;)

Very confused by it all, I write haha instead of lol coz it's very over used by all these "kewl kidz" who must take every possible great thing in this world and use it and use it until it's lost all meaning. So is there a way to block on this site? I don't have time for arguments and I shouldn't have to explain myself to anyone, should be as simple as if I like something, I like it. If I don't, then I don't. simple. Right?

Mark,

People put a lot of time and effort in to restoring a treasured picture for someone.  In can take many hours in some cases to repair or enhance a picture.  The end result is usually dependent on the quality of the scan and the damage to the picture.  Sometimes when I post a restored picture I am happy with the result and at other times, not so happy.  It Is great to hear from the poster when they are pleased with the picture as it makes it all worthwhile.  You post says if "If you don't like it, then you don't.  Simple.  Right."

May I suggest that if you don't like it, then it is better to keep it to yourself, rather than hurt someones feelings who has gone to a lot of time and effort for you.

Having also had a go at your picture, the comment which you made (in bold above) has certainly put me off posting it.

Steve

Steve,

I never said I didn't like that restoration work. I simply thought that Carolyn was the same person as Caz, which I was mistaken. hence why I wrote "you must be bored haha" misunderstanding on both parts.

The statement you have made bold wouldn't be directed at anyone specifically.
I do however think that reworking the face to a different person (or drawing it on) is not work that I can relate to.... That person is not the same person anymore.

Offline saddles

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 22 December 14 00:09 GMT (UK) »
Mark I now know what you are saying and that is you thought I was Caroline.

Well how would I suppose to know that ?  :-\ 

So all was needed for you to say you mistook me Carolyn for Caroline and if you had pointed that fact out I would have had another view on the whole thing.

Anyway mistakes are made, so lets let it be !.  8)

So I will take this opportunity to wish you and yours a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year !
Townson - Cartmel                      O'Malley - Askeaton, Ireland
Sadler - Dymock & Salford           Tomlinson - St Peters, Leeds
Wilkinson - Salford                      Chant - Sherbourne, Dorset
Garner - Pendleton

Offline Markii

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 22 December 14 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Mark I now know what you are saying and that is you thought I was Caroline.

Well how would I suppose to know that ?  :-\ 

So all was needed for you to say you mistook me Carolyn for Caroline and if you had pointed that fact out I would have had another view on the whole thing.

Anyway mistakes are made, so lets let it be !.  8)

So I will take this opportunity to wish you and yours a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year !

I do apologise also for not saying that sooner, I thought I had. Let us move forward from here?
Merry Christmas to you also :)

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 22 December 14 00:33 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :) :) 

Yay, all's well that ends well as they say! 

Merry Christmas Everyone!   :) :) :) :) 

Caz  ;)
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]