Author Topic: John Cunningham, born in Northern Ireland abt 1747, immigrated to NJ/NY  (Read 845 times)

Offline Frank2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi everyone, since this is my first post here I thought I should make it on this board.

One ancestor I am doing research on is John Cunningham, who was born in Northern Ireland around 1747. He was a linen draper. The story goes that his father sent him to North America to avoid his being drafted by King George, and he landed in NJ/NY and ended up fighting in the American Revolution on the side of the states. He then married Rebecca Taylor (possibly born in NJ but that's a guess) and in 1809 died in German Flatts, Herkimer, NY. I have no information on his parents, or his wife's parents, so that's mainly what I'm looking for, but any and all info would be great. The info I have comes from an old Sons of the American Revolution application.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Frank
Peterson, Denison, Dennison, Higgins, Bradbury, Collins, McGinnis, Boland, Bradbury, Hawkins, Carey, Linny, Cunningham, Taylor, Orr, McDonald, Hyatt, Weissenfels, Stone, Cole, Myrick, Clark