Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - sstarr2008

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31
Even the car park has now been replaced by a new leisure centre.
The Kirklees Image archive has some pictures of of Cross Grove St, you can search it here


Yorkshire (West Riding) / Re: Map of West Yorkshire - 1800
« on: Wednesday 21 January 15 19:57 GMT (UK)  »
I like Thomas Jeffrey's map of Yorkshire 1771. Our local library has a copy but you can buy it online at


I would go with Joseph Entwistle. The Huddersfield Chronicle on September 16, 1854 & March 17, 1855 mentions a Joseph Entwistle who was the supplier of coffins to the Huddersfield board of guardians so it would seem very likely that his coffins would have been used in the new cemetery.


Familysearch has the baptism of an Isaac son of Isaac Peell 27 Dec 1725 at Elland

Yorkshire (West Riding) / Re: Hambe Headache in Huddersfield
« on: Friday 05 December 14 22:07 GMT (UK)  »
I can find mention of the France family living in Marsh during the 16th century.I wonder if Hambe was the name of a farm house?
Have you found any wills for the family? Any other names involved with the family?

Family History Beginners Board / Re: Bentley family of Huddersfield
« on: Tuesday 02 December 14 20:52 GMT (UK)  »
Salford Ahm? Salford is in Lockwood, parish of Almondbury so Ahm possibly Alm?
Also Yews? Maybe Yews Hill in Lockwood, a short distance from Salford.

Yorkshire (West Riding) / Re: Elsie Shaw??????
« on: Sunday 31 August 14 16:32 BST (UK)  »
Hemsworth stopped being part of Pontefract district in 1850. Hemsworth was it's own district from 1850 to 1974.

No registration for an Elsie Shaw in Hemsworth district in the Dec 1907 qtr but there was an Alice Ivy Shaw. Could Elsie be Alice?

The only death in Hemsworth for a Thomas Shaw 1907 to 1930 was Mar 1917 but he was aged 64.

Technical Help / Re: How can I be sure it's genuine?
« on: Tuesday 19 August 14 21:18 BST (UK)  »
Yes you can buy just the power connector or jack as it is often called. However they come in different sizes so you may need to visit a shop such as Maplins, show them the power supply and ask them to give you the same size connector. You would need to be sure that you connected the wires the correct way though since the outer part of the connector is negative and the inner is positive.

If you are seeking a new supply you need to know the output voltage and the current, this should be written on the power supply.

I wouldn't trust a second hand supply, they don't age well at all. Ebay and Amazon are full of cheap chinese items, many of dubious quality. Maplin or any computer shop should be able to provide you with a new one but you would be safer to visit a shop to show them the old one so that you get the correct rating and connector size.

Have you tried emailing HP support with your query? I would have thought that they could provide you with a suitable replacement even if your laptop is no longer in production, the latest models may well use exactly the same supply or at least a compatible one.


Yorkshire (West Riding) / Re: Messrs Lunn & Kaye
« on: Wednesday 06 August 14 20:45 BST (UK)  »
In 1911 John Ernest Lunn & Herbert Kaye of Market St, Milnsbridge & John William St Huddersfield were architects, surveyors and valuers.

Source- The London Gazette issue 28473, 7 March 1911


Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31