Author Topic: bennett family flint  (Read 17532 times)

Offline andras

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: joseph bennett , pre 1869 flint.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 27 January 06 01:34 GMT (UK) »
I am currently try to find out information about  Joseph Bennett who I no was deceased by the time his son John Bennett was  married to kezia Wilson in 1869.Joseph Bennett I guess was born around 1820s? [sailor] was married to Ann,they also had a son :John Nathanael  Bennett born 1846 in Flint . Can any one help me with my quest?
many thanks.
Andras.

Offline andras

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: bennett family flint
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 January 06 22:21 GMT (UK) »
does any one have access to the 1861 census for the town of flint.
i am trying to trace Joseph Bennett I guess was born around 1820s? [sailor] was married to Ann,they had a  two sons that i know of :John Nathanael  Bennett born 1846 in Flint and john bennett born 1848 in flint. i am also trying to trace any other bennetts that lived in the town in1861.Can any one help me with my quest?

Offline kena

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 January 06 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi, couldn't find your Bennett's in the 1861 census but have found them in the 1851 in Flint, they are Joseph, Head, aged 30, mariner, Ann, wife, aged 27, John aged 5, son, at home, Mary aged 1, daughter, at home and Louisa Jones, just down as relation, aged 14, all born in Flintshire. They are living in what looks like Mumforth Lane but am not completely sure. There is also a Esther Bennett aged 16 living in Flint, her relation to the Head of Household is given as daughter although it is not completely clear who the Head is as there are no other Bennett's in Flint on that census.

I looked on the IGI for Flint though and found an Esther Bennett baptised 1836 (about right for this Esther), parents Nathaniel and Mary Bennett. On the 1861 Flint census I found Nathaniel Bennett born 1814 and Mary Bennett born 1817 both in Flintshire so these could be her parents.

Hope this helps

Anna
Mullon, Fowell, Thornely, Wilding, Lowndes,Gallimore - Cheshire
Routledge, Bell, Gillesby, Armstrong, Forster, Ewart, Nixon, Kennedy,Reay,Wright,Nattrass,Little,Richardson - Cumberland
Winsborough, Hannabus, Copp, Salter, Bray, Williams, Bonney, Creedy, Matthews, Kelner - Devon
Minto, - Durham
Allaker, Fitch,Groom,Queary - Essex
Steeple, Moult, Woodcock - Lancashire
Trafford, Hambleton, Cordon, Sweetman, Goldstraw, Brough, Barton, Dawson, Sutton, Stevenson - Staffordshire
Huess - Somerset

Offline kena

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 January 06 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi, also found a Nathaniel Bennett died aged 58, January to March quarter 1871 in Holywell, the civil registration district that Flint is in.

Anna
Mullon, Fowell, Thornely, Wilding, Lowndes,Gallimore - Cheshire
Routledge, Bell, Gillesby, Armstrong, Forster, Ewart, Nixon, Kennedy,Reay,Wright,Nattrass,Little,Richardson - Cumberland
Winsborough, Hannabus, Copp, Salter, Bray, Williams, Bonney, Creedy, Matthews, Kelner - Devon
Minto, - Durham
Allaker, Fitch,Groom,Queary - Essex
Steeple, Moult, Woodcock - Lancashire
Trafford, Hambleton, Cordon, Sweetman, Goldstraw, Brough, Barton, Dawson, Sutton, Stevenson - Staffordshire
Huess - Somerset

Offline andras

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 12 February 06 14:16 GMT (UK) »
does anyone have access to flint parish records .i am trying to trace a birth Joseph Bennett born in about 1819/20/1.[died about 1865 ish]
I guess he was born in flint as i do know his son: john bennett was born there in 1846.
 Joseph married ann [born 1824 ish] about 1845 ish?
I would appricate any information you can provide on the above such as when and where joseph was born and what date did he get married.
thank you
andras

Offline andras

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 21 May 06 14:01 BST (UK) »
i have now manged to find out more about joseph Bennett.
born Oct 20 1820 son of john [ fisherman]and Ann Bennett
of golftyn northop/ connnah's quay.
i have have also discovered that john and Ann Bennett had a daughter: Mary born 1822  Jan 9th golftyn.

can anyone help with further information about john and Ann Bennett.

many thanks

andras

Offline joyheywood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 14 July 06 13:14 BST (UK) »
Hi-I don't think that it is the Flint parish records that you need-more likely to be Connahs Quay. I have 1765 to 1837 baptisms, burials and marriages for Flint and there is only one Bennett in all of them, and then he was only a witness at a wedding in Flint in 1811.
Good Luck in your search
Joy

Offline shaunwilliams

• RootsChat Extra
  • Too many freaks, not enough circuses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 28 February 07 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Taffy Lee
just happened on your post while browsing Roots chat
this is probably a long shot !
I have some Bennett in my family tree, I realize how many Bennetts there are in the area and I have little info on dates but was wondering if any of the following have anything to do with your tree
Fred Bennett
Kitty Bennett marrying Frank Idris Johnson at St Mark, Connah's Quay,  Flintshire August 27 1938 she lived at 2 Cestrain St, C/Q at time
Frank lived at 39 Brook Rd Shotton
I believe they live up Wepre Drive
and had a son Raymond Johnson
shaun Williams
www.asww.com.au/familytree

Andras,
I know from experience that there are/were many Bennett families from Wepre (Connah's Quay as it is now).

My Bennett connection is Benjamin Bennett who owned the New Inn in CQ between approx 1850 and 1875, he was born in 1810.

When searching for Bennett's in CQ, treat them as you would Jones' in other areas - i.e. be very specific on dates, names and occupations.

Lee
Williams Johnson Triggell Bayford Lister Lamb Christmas Buckley Bartley

Offline Taffy Lee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 28 February 07 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shaun,

Sorry, none of them appear on my tree - although, I have only traced the direct line from myself back to Benjamin Bennett - who knows where the other branches lead??

Best wishes,

Lee